30 day shred day one- OMG

Options
So I jumped on the 30 day shred wagon since so many others had raved about it and you are right! It's great! Today was day one and I had to really struggle to stay with it- especially during the cardio. If I got worn out I would atleast keep my body moving with a brisk walk for a few seconds rather than stopping all together (okay I may have stopped a time or two...). I am looking forward to being able to do the entire 20 minutes fully! About how many days of the workout till I will be able to make it all the way through the right way?

Replies

• anewday
    anewday Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Stay with it and it will show results and I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon enough!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    It only took me a few days before my body was able to do the entire 18minutes without stopping or feeling like I was going to die :tongue: I was amazed at how quick my body responded to it - I'm thinking about starting it again the 1st of January :smile: Good luck!

ETA: I didn't lose 1lb while I did it...30 days w/o a loss was hard for me to swallow, but I did lose inches :flowerforyou: I didn't measure before I started because I figured it would help me lose weight, but I know that after I finished my clothes all fit looser & I had dropped a few jean sizes!
  • melissahager
    Options
    Well losing inches is success! I think the number on the scale is not near as important to me as the way my clothes fit. And I'm glad to hear that within a few more day I will feel more successful getting through the video.

Two more questions...
    How do I log the video for my exercise?
    Will it be at all helpful to do the video again tonight or is that overkill (and still count it as day one)?
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Idk what other people did/do...but I did 10 days straight of a level & then took a day off before starting the next level.
    I didn't log it when I did the shred, but I had stopped logging my food by that time also.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hey ya'll! I think when I logged mine I logged it as calisthenics. There is one for vigorous and one for moderate. Plus I bought a heart rate monitor that really helps keep track of calories burned! I love mine!!! I need to get back to do that one too. It really made me sweat and I was sore a little bit afterwards.
  • timmijop
    timmijop Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started 30 day shred a little over a week ago and I am on level 2 now!! I log it in as circut training in my exercises but i really do love it!! last night I actually did level 1 and 2 because I spent the morning out shopping and felt drained until my daughter went to sleep! I love the way it makes me feel and I have already noticed that the jeans that were my skinny/fat jeans (not quite pre prego but not 13/14 either are feeling loose and I need a belt which is so promising!! I tend to get discouraged because wii fit asks you to weigh yourself everyday and it is always up and down even though I have a very controlled diet! Keep up the work everyone and it will pay off!
  • amboardman
    amboardman Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I log it as general circuit training. Good luck, and stick with it! I just started level 3 yesterday (Day 19), and I have really had great results! Only lost 3 pounds, but everything is much firmer, and I've lost inches! Have fun!
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    I log it in as "circuit training - general" for 20 minutes.

I did the shred this past August and did lose pounds and inches. (8 Lbs) and went down one firm pant size ( I should note that I did to pilates and walking as well.)

I also started workout 1 today. I figured it would be a great way to ease back into fitness after the holidays.

I wish you luck. If you're motivated enough to start a "shred" group for the next 30 days, I'd be interested in joining.
  • melissahager
    Options
    I would love to have a "30 day shred" group for encouragement! This week will be easy for me since I am still on vacation from work. But once I go back on the 4th and have to continue fitting in my workout I will need the encouragement. Hopefully by that point (since i should be 7 days in) I will be comfortable with the video and WANT to continue. Day one down!
  • timeforchange
    Options
    Hey if you girls are starting up a 30 day shred group let me know! I'm IN!!! I've tried it before and didn't make it to level 2 because of various things.. I loved it though!!!
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    I stared 30 day shred last night, and wow!!! I was looking for something to fill in the spot left open now that boot camp ended, that is an intense 20 mins. I like it!!!!
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    Excellent!

I could start the new thread. Do we want a specific name? "Shred 2010"? "New 30 Day Shred Group, who's in?" Any suggestions?
    I'd even be open to starting a more general group, something like "Losing It In 2010"? Let me know what you guys think. Do we want this group to have started Yesterday, or do we want to pick a date to begin?

Melissa, You will definitely have the hang of the workout by next Monday! It will be easier to fit it in. Best of luck.

TFC: It's great to hear from you again!

BTW, is anyone sore this morning?
    :happy:
  • timmijop
    timmijop Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    good morning shredders!!!! hope you all are keeping up the hard work! My motovation everynight to keep it going is all of you who are so dillagent too! I dont want to let myself down and honestly no matter how exhausting my day once I finish 30 day shred I feel motovated and good! I am discovering a lost confidance in myself to push through the physical which is all mental. Its funny how so many of us can give birth to a baby but when it comes to a little bit of exercise burn we are ready give up!!! No matter how challanging the exercise we have all gone through tougher things in our lives and are all here to tell about it!! Think about those things when you are ready to quit! Remember you are better than you give yourself credit for! You are stronger than you give yourself credit for and you can accomplish anything as long as you have the heart!!!! My husband is a Marine and a few years ago when he went to boot camp I never told him or any of his fellow recruits "good luck" I told them to "have heart! " Luck has nothing to do with what you are capable of!!!!! Heart and determination will get you through the tough times. When you are down on your luck and things just arent going your way it is your heart that makes you overcome!!! Marines are tough men and women but they dont start out that way! There is a tough person inside of you too! PUSH PUSH PUSH and beleive in you!!!!!

merckert- if you start a new thred count me in!!! I love this work out and I appriciate everyones encouragement!!
  • pinkpoole
    Options
    I would also love in - I just did day 1 today, and man am I exhausted!! I searched online, and found something that said a person weighing 154 lbs should burn 503 cal in 60 min of Shred. When I logged it under general circuit training for 20 min, it gave me 202 cal, so I guess that's about right. I'm am thinking about getting a HRM - does anyone have any suggestions?
  • timeforchange
    Options
    Hey Shredders..
    Just woke up for a loooong night of NYE fun and am about to do Day 1! Wish me luck!!! :P