Kcals in krav maga classes

Options
I really have no idea how should I count this. On average I do around one and a half training including 10-15 minutes cardio as a warmup, then less than 5 minutes isometric exercises and afterwards technique. I feel that somehow if I would calculate it as martial arts as karate etc I will overestimate. For now I am logging just 1 hour but still...
Any ideas on how to calculate this?

Replies

• jstandfield
    jstandfield Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You would log it under martial arts. I take jui jitsu and muay thai and wear a heart rate monitor during class. Typically I burn no less than 600 calories and no more than 1200 calories during a 1 hour class. However I am a 250 lb male. To be totally accurate that is what you have to do.
  • LupaNera
    Options
    Thank you for your answer! Also I logged it as martial arts but since I don't have a hrm and I don't believe that it will be in one piece after a class I was just wondering hot to log it. Let's say at the lowest level.
    I am a 96-97 kg female and mfp tells me something like 970 / hour. It seems to me a little overestimated.
    Anyway since I am not planning to eat back my cals but just have normal dinner after workout, maybe eating just a little more if I am hungry it is not so important to have accurate numbers. Just being curious.