staying within calorie goal + exercise but NO WEIGHT LOSS

Options
I am doing about 35-45 mins of cardio/kickboxing and strength training every other day.. and staying just below or right at my calorie goal.. What am I doing wrong???

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Ever try eating back your exercise calories?
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I was just reading this on another website and thought it was appropriate for you.
    Instead of focusing on the outcome focus on your actions, the small, healthy things they do consistently every day. Instead of focusing on what you don’t have turn your attention to what you do have.

“I’m going to do my workout today.”
    “I’m going to practice my new habit and eat 5 servings of vegetables.”
    “I’m going to read my lesson and contact my coach if I have a question.”

Actions practiced daily and built up over time, lead to amazing results. Focusing on outcomes only leads to frustration and despair. It's what you do everyday that affects your health, not what you do sometimes.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat back my exercise calories, but if I'm not hungry... I don't eat them. I dont usually log my exercise..
  • Rycoop311
    Rycoop311 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    youre eating prett y good... try to cut back on fat intake.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. After 17lbs, my body has slowed down quite a bit. Try amping up your strength training, which I'm starting on next week, and possibly calorie cycling. The biggest piece of advice though, is DON'T GIVE UP! Don't even think about it! Just keep going and you'll get there eventually.
  • victoriannsays
    Options
    so confused
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Judging by your default pic it doesn't look like you have much too lose. And at 1200 calories your deficit is likely too high, which will make your body not want to let go of fat.

go to http://www.fat2fitradio.com and do their bmr calc. it will tell you how many cals you should be eating based on your activity level.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    With only 12 pounds to lose, you should make sure you're set to lose a half pound a week. You don't have enough excess body fat to support a larger calorie deficit.

Also be sure to track your progress through measurements, how clothes fit and progress photos. The scale is a lying cheating *kitten*. :wink:
  • ezavora
    ezavora Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How much do you have to loose? I had the same problem after loosing 7 pounds right away. I did some research and think I may have slowed my metabolism down, I was eating 1300 cal a day and eating some exercise calories back if I was hungry. Doing the math I realized I was netting under my BMR, which is not really a good thing.

These sites were helpful for me.

This is the road map
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

This is a group eat more weigh less, it made sense to me
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/521728-upping-cals-what-to-expect-why-you-need-patience

Goos luck, its a learning process and Im learning that it takes tweaking.
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    Flip the numbers for your carbs and protein intake, report back in a week. Thank me then ;)
  • victoriannsays
    Options
    what do you mean flip them?
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    what do you mean flip them?

What he means is to change your carb and protein macros. Right now you are eating too many carbs and not enough protein.