Manic panic hair dye

Options
SPNLuver83
SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
Has anyone ever combined the colors purple haze and hot hot pink? Got any pics to show the resulting color? Thinking about doing it if it comes out right. I want more of a pink purple rather than the blueish purple you get from purple haze on its own.

Replies

• butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about mixing my hot hot pink and ultra violet but I haven't done it yet. Sorry, I'm no help I guess hahaha!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I would mix a little bit, and then test it on a strand of hair. It's almost an "eggplanty" color..if that's a word!
  • dorkusmalorkus
    Options
    itd be a little more magenta - ish when it fades but i believe itll give you the results youre looking for
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I have not done that combo.... but I know when I mixed vampire. Red with purple... The purple overtook it for the first 2 weeks or so.... purples seem to overpower if too much is added... even if te mixture looks a lil lighter... so I would add more of a ratio of of the pink then the purple.
    .... ;)
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hair colorist here .. Purple will definately win the battle.

I would mix 3/4 pink and 1/4 purple .
  • LiveLifeLogically
    Options
    I think this looks pretty sweet....except for the fact that she kept her natural roots. I would go pink all the way to the roots:

http://evonnz.com/2012/06/19/ombre-hair-touch-up-salon-vim/
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    I've mixed nearly every color except for those 2.
    I would try 1 part purple haze to 2 parts hot hot pink though.
    But you could always test strand just to see.
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    If possible you could try ultra violet. I have mixed that with hot hot pink before. Turned out pretty nice.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Thanks you guys!! Great tips. Will def just add a bit of the purple when I try! :D
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Please post your results. Would love to see it!
  • angel823
    angel823 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Ive had the purple and the midnight blue

Loved the blue

My sis had the pink and it was great.

Loved Manic Panin