SBF2 Reboot Boogaloo! New Year's Week!

Options
Good morning Pebbs!
Good to have you back CP!
Vivia, have a good and safe trip!
Mary, I hope you are having fun in Dallas! Are you going to stick around for the snow?

Trying to get back into my routine. I actually have moments now that I am not overwhelmed about the adoption and going to Russia, so I am able to get things accomplished. I have a lot of extra things I want to get done before we go that are kind of time consuming so I need to work on trying to finish up those things this week. DH woke up this morning and said he was feeling better and just hoped it wouldn't hit hard again later. So maybe whatever we have won't last long.
My goals for this week:
more fruits/veggies
exercise 3x +
clean up house and put away Christmas stuff
finish up my book so I can get it ordered
write instructions for Alex for the family watching him when we go (yes he comes with an instruction manual:laugh: )
push ups 3x
lose 1+ pounds

I think that's it for the week. Today's goals are a little bit of all of those. Hope my energy level stays up!
Moving before I lose mojo boogaloo!
MM

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi MM! V, have a great trip. And Mary, safe travels whenever you are headed back.

I, too, am hoping to get back on track this week - but I am going to ease into it so that I can spend some time thinking about what I want my longer term goals to be. Also, I still have some cookies from a friend in the freezer, so I am not going to limit myself to just one dessert this week, but I will try to be reasonable.
    Pushups 3x
    Other workouts 3x (may be cardio, strength, or yoga)
    Lots of fruits/veggies

Today is pushups, and maybe another workout at home (like Shred).

I could use some mojo too, boogaloo! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    :yawn: Good morning,
    I am struggling. That sums me up. I am sick and I guess that is wiping me out. I'm depressed (post holiday blues, sickness, let down after adoption excitement? Who knows?). I think if I felt better I'd be alright. I've put weight back on and I'm having a hard time staying focused and motivated to get it off again. I think being limited by my lower back has also caused this low motivation.
    Okay, vent over. :happy: I think maybe I should try to do Shred everyday...or at least everyday that I can. I will get sick of it but I think it will work to get me back on track and it will fit into most of my crazy days. There. Just mentioning that goal made me perk up a little. :smile: I can set it as my goal for the next three weeks (actually less now) to do it 5-7x a week. Food is a different story.
    Today will be:
    fruit/veggies
    Shred
    horse therapy (moved to today because of the weather)
    cleaning I didn't do yesterday
    finishing up projects
    lots of vitamin C
    Hope Mary and V are doing well. CP, it's just you and me I guess. :happy:
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I'm back. I managed to leave this wonderful fudge in Dallas that BIL's girlfriend made. It really is divine. Never made the stuff myself - and any time I've tried it at a store, it's just way too sweet.

Had a few desserts, but I stayed on track. Got a yoga session in at in-laws and a walk everyday.

My goal for 2010 - get my foot behind my head.

Today - get caught up again - get gym or walk in and a yoga session.

Glad to be home, boogaloo!
  • cp005e
    Options
    OK - new plan for the week: come down with MM's cold and try to recover. :tongue: I started feeling sick yesterday afternoon, and proceeded to lie on the couch most of the evening. At least I did some unpacking. Today I thought about missing work, but the cold medicine finally kicked in so I am here.

Welcome back, Mary! My dad has a family fudge recipe that is pretty good (I like the texture better than most store varieties), but it is quite sweet. The almond roca stuff (like an almond butter toffee with chocolate on top) that we make is easier to get consistent, though.

Lots of fluids boogaloo. :drinker:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Glad you are back Mary!
    CP, sorry you are sick. :frown: Whatever I have is pretty mild but it is still wiping me out today.

It's about to snow! Believe it or not there is still snow on the ground from last week, and now we are about to get some more! It's preparing me for Russia! Which will have a high of 1* on Friday. :noway:

White day boogaloo!
    MM
  • cp005e
    Options
    A bit better today, but still sick and rather tired. How are you doing with the snow, MM? It was very cold and snowy here yesterday (wind chills below zero :noway: ), but the rest of the week should be more seasonal (20s-30s). I just don't like to breathe when it's that cold.

My plan is more rest and fluids, maybe pushups. Hope you all are doing well! :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Plan today: walk and yoga, clean house, make soup, and run some errands. I feel like I'm still catching up from Christmas.

My goal for January will be to not have desserts until my birthday week. I've had so many. I had chocolate cake and ice cream last night, and we are going to a friend's house for New Year's Eve, so that might be another dessert.

My goals for 2010: get my foot behind my head, make 52 new recipes, and send all my family birthday cards.

Catching up, boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Cp, glad you are feeling a little better. The snow only last for a few hours and didn't stick, but it was nice to see.
    Mary, I AM still catching up from Christmas! We still have one more Christmas to have with Steve's parents. Suppose to be this weekend, but if we're all sick it will have to wait another week!
    This "cold" has been weird. It's pretty mild but I still feel sick. It hasn't slowed me down a whole lot or made me wish I was dead. :laugh: I've been taking a lot of zinc and vitamin C so that might be helping. But I have lost some sleep over the last few nights.
    I logged my food today. The last two times I have pigged out for more than two days it has taken me 7-10 days to get back on track. Not this time. I'm going to kick it today! I'm going to also do shred again today. Hope I make it through.
    I'm debating on taking all the Christmas stuff down too. Usually I leave it up till New Year's but for some reason all the extra stuff out is annoying me. I don't think I ever got in the Christmas spirit this year. Oh, well. There's always next year! :wink:
    Must stay awake boogaloo!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the states. Not much to report, although I'm formulating goals for the month of Jan (my year goal is to go one month at a time).

Other than that, hope you guys feel better, and see you tomorrow.:wink:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Welcome back V!
    This cold/virus sure is making me feel sleepy. :yawn: I could go back to bed I think and sleep a couple more hours. But I have too much to do. I hope I will wake up soon.
    Today is: shred, grocery shopping, signing Alex up for tumbling class, laundry, possibly packing to go overnight to inlaws for Christmas/New Years Depends on how sick we are. Alex is coughing a lot this morning and my head feels sticky. :grumble: I am also going to try to eat well today. Getting a little better although I had M & M's yesterday. :blushing:
    Have an awesome day!
    Forward motion boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Happy Eve!

Goof off day today: ride bike to store, walk or yoga, go see "Avatar," ring in the new year at a friend's house. She wants us to all wear pajamas:huh: I think she likes to watch the ball drop on t.v. - maybe we'll be lame and go home at New York new year. We are going to San Antonio tomorrow, so I'd like to get an early night. I'm bringing roasted veggies, so I won't eat all junk.

Some people are calling this decade the "aughts" - got me thinking about the "should haves" - I should/aught to work out - so we can finally say good bye to all the should haves and aught tos.

Say goodbye to the "aughts," boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Have been doing a lot of analyzing/reformulating and hopefully self-forgiving over the past few days. . . saying goodbye to the aughts. . .

It would seem that I have gained two pants sizes from last year. It is all thigh/butt region, because skirts and tops still fit. I've gained not just weight, but visible fat in those regions, and I'm not happy about it. My husband, ever the supporter and voice of reason, had me look back at my calendar for the past year and see how much I've been sick (for my doctor visits, I have to write "had a cold" or something on my calendar when I'm sick.) Then we totalled up my sick/not able to work out time for the past year and came up with five months. So, for nearly half of the year, I've been sick and couldn't work out. Yikes. . .boo! Today is a noon bikram class.

I've been coming up with new year's goals, so here they are:

1. Monthly check-ins of progress. The first of every month, I'm measuring and weighing myself. I hate to weigh myself, but think it is a tool that I shouldn't abandon entirely, so that weight can't creep up on me so slowly. I seem to gain/lose it first in "non-clothing size places." I've decided that by March, I'd like to lose an inch total (I measure thighs, waist at bellybutton and narrowest point and hips). It would be fun, but not necessary if that translated into lost scale weight, too.

2. Monthly workout goals of a measurable, but adaptable fashion. In the past I've had goals that sounded like "I have to go to spinning four times, and bikram twice and weight lift three times, or I'm a failure" (OK, I'm paraphrasing). Goal for January: 25 workouts of an average of 400 calorie burn each, but adaptable to my energy levels. Until January 18th, when the new gym opens, I'm trying to do Bikram as much as possible. The reason for this is twofold: I'm trying to break through my fear of working out (I'm afraid "if I push too hard, I'll make myself sick", etc. and Bikram is the hardest core feeling thing) and because I'm having emotional release during Bikram, and it feels important.

3. Weekly/daily food goals. Starting now, until January 15th, I'm having zero sweetened treats, and incorporating a vegetable/fruit meal every day. (I'm having a green smoothie for breakfast as I type this) Also, I'm logging my food every day, but also trying to listen to my body, and not eat just because I have calories left, or deprive myself because I don't. Then, Feb 1st, I'm going to see if my calorie intake averages out. I have lowered my calories to my TDEE -400 (which is just a bit above my BMR) to go back into fat loss mode. Hopefully.

So, to summarize, my new boogaloo is a monthly re-boot boogaloo.

Happy new year's eve! My husband and I have been invited to tons of parties, but have decided to stay home. The states trip was pretty tiring (just over-scheduled with family events) and we both feel a need to be home and quiet.

extra long post boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Welcome back, V! Cheers to your husband for being the voice of reason, and good job on coming up with new goals. I am still noodling over mine - expect an update over the weekend sometime. Say goodbye to the aughts/oughts!

I am still somewhat in sick/feeling sorry for myself mode, and we have to wait around for the furnace guys (and we didn't get invited to any parties anyway), so I am planning a lazy goof-off night as well. I may even go grab some cupcakes as a treat for the holiday. After that, though, I really think I need to start hiding the status updates of the cupcake place from my FB feed - I'm happy to be a "fan", but I probably don't need to be thinking about cupcakes every day! (Today's flavors: white russian, vanilla chai spice, lemon raspberry, chocolate peanut butter, peaches and champagne, and some other really tasty-sounding things. Where's the drooling Homer emoticon? :tongue: )

Forward ever, backward never boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Hi, I'm back again!
    V, I'm sorry to hear about your weight changes, but it sounds like you have some good goals. I know that the weight starts coming off for me when I have goals to work towards.
    CP, I want a cupcake! And if you lived anywhere near me I'd have invited you over for a party. But we'd have to call it a night at ten. :laugh: We're not doing anything either. Sleep calls.
    I did day 3 of the shred today. Eating is still a struggle. I hope it falls inline soon. I will be working my food off tonight though. I have to clean up the house. We are not going to IL's. They are coming here. I've been so busy that I have let the house go. I hope they don't get here too early in the morning. :ohwell:
    I don't know if you have seen it on FB yet but there's a link to my book. Yep, I finally finished it. It took six months of research and hard work but it's done! Not too sure I like the cover yet but I can change it. I have always wanted to say "I have a published book!" :bigsmile:
    Happy New Year boogaloo! Here's to 2010!:drinker:
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Congrats on the book, MM!

I had a headache all last night. I wasn't much fun and just wanted to go to bed. I brought some chocolate covered peanut butter (store bought) last night - I tried one and didn't finish it. Wasn't that good. Didn't like the mini bundt cakes someone brought from whole foods either. Now begins the next 3 weeks of zero desserts. I caught myself saying "wow" - but I need to change my attitude towards desserts - they are not a big deal.

Today, we have some relatives from Michigan to visit - but they are in San Antonio - so we're going there for lunch. Getting a walk in this morning and need some yoga this afternoon.

New Year, Boogaloo!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Yes, I'm posting again. I can't help it! It's just to say that I swept up the front sidewalk and driveway in 32* and I have cleaned up the house. Now I am going to do day 4 of the shred before the inlaws get here. Eating may not go well today so I need as much exercise as I can get!
    I'd better go. I'd hate to be in the middle of jumping jacks when they show up! :blushing:
    Hope today is a blast for you all!
    MM
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Today is Bikram at 4. This is the first time ever that I've done Bikram two days in a row. And, I've been trying to talk myself out of it since last night. My theme for the new year, MM is pushing through fear.

Also, I have a new mantra. I bought my husband the Beatles box set for Christmas, and on the road trip to the states we listened to Beatles albums chronologically through Sgt. Pepper. I was thinking on the way home that I wanted a cookie, and "All you need is love" popped into my head. I took it as a sign, and didn't have a cookie. So, my goal is, when I feel cravings/urges to binge in the new year, I'm going to remind myself that "all you need is love." Hey, it could work.

On my computer, I found my goals from last year. I was in exactly the same place (not feeling like I was working out enough, having bouts of good eating followed by binges. . .) and I'm thinking "what am I doing/not doing differently." I'm pretty sure that it's connected to my mental block on finishing things. I'm afraid of being, but not afraid of the process of becoming. So, goal for the year is recognizing what I be. :wink: And that it's OK to finish, and be a new person (well, an old person with new aspects.)

New year, new boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    In the interest of monthly accountability, I weighed in this am. I'm down a pound from my last weigh in, so in the last two weeks of December, I lost weight. I was truly expecting to have gained some, so even maintaining would have been a gift.

Now I'm off to Bikram, despite a raging case of the "don't wannas", which this year I shall start referring to as "the fear".
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Up early to teach three classes. I was told that today is the day everyone goes to the gym - so I'll feel like a priest on Easter Sunday. I'm pretty tired though; I'm not used to getting up at 8:30 one day and 5:30 the next.

I like the idea of weighing in once a month. I'll do it tomorrow morning.

I hope to get a walk in today as well. I noticed that after yoga today, I have nothing planned. Ah, what a feeling. I need to check Target though - I don't know when their Christmas stuff goes to 90% off, so I can get it for next year's gift wrapping.

Early morning, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    Today is day three of my self-challenge of four days in a row of Bikram. Once again, I am trying to talk myself out of it. So, I'm pushing through more fear today and taking my body back to yoga. It can cry if it wants to.

I just discovered I'm getting a new neighbor downstairs. . .a gelato store and bakeshop. I actually stood on the sidewalk when I saw the sign and said "NOOOOOOOO!" out loud. Luckily, it was new year's day, and the street was empty. I thought it was a french-fry craving victory when the burger shop went out of business, but this is worse.

Mary, I'm always amused by the gym the first week in January. I'm trying to not judge in the new year (hard, because it's sort of my hobby) so I will not roll my eyes at the gym newbies or count the days until they fall of the wagon.

Goals for the day: log food, shop for and cook dinner for today and tomorrow, Bikram, mark some exams.

Self-care boogaloo!:flowerforyou: