Getting the old me back....

Options
Hello everyone, I will be turning 40 in June and want to lose 40 pounds by then. I have put on a significant amount of weight in the last six months taking car of two ill parents, one of whom's weight has brought about most of the illness. I became a crazy stress eater who had no time to focus on me and was too distracted to see what I was doing to myself. Work, sick parents and a teenage daughter starting college was a lot on my plate. Things seems to have calmed down now and I really want to focus on me and getting healthy again. I wish you all the best of luck.

Replies

• ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    Best of luck to you!!!!!
    You will love the support you'll get from this site
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Welcome - You will find this site very helpful - just commit to checking in and logging your foods, you will quickly be able to make great changes in your life. When I feel like snacking, I come read the message boards instead, keeps my mind off food and gives me great inspirational stories to motivate me.
  • grimsley6902
    grimsley6902 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Good luck it's so hard to put yourself above others at times but you have to or you can get very resentful (I know) . and that makes you feel bad & quilty then you eat. Real bad cycle
  • kriggs
    Options
    You can do this. We will all be here to talk you though it!
  • mschafer
    mschafer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am going to be 30 and want to lose 30 pounds before June 1 ! Good luck :) My friend motivated me to do this because she had this goal before her 30th birthday, and my sister lost 40 pounds before her 40th a few years ago.

Have a great night.

MBS:wink:
  • mschafer
    mschafer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am going to be 30 and want to lose 30 pounds before June 1 ! Good luck :) My friend motivated me to do this because she had this goal before her 30th birthday, and my sister lost 40 pounds before her 40th a few years ago.

Have a great night.

MBS:wink: