I keep going over my sugar suggestion!

Options
I keep going over my amount of sugar I should be having,
I dont eat anything like Lollies, only vegetables and fruit.

Will these sugars (because I am going over) need to be cutdown? Or is natural sugars fine?

Replies

• pinkyleigh83
    pinkyleigh83 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    If most of it comes from whole foods, like fruit, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm always over mine thanks to fruit & Greek yogurt/milk.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    don't over do the fruit. fruit is good, but you don't need that much (if you eat a lot of it)
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The sugar in fruit is still sugar. Try lower sugar fruits or just stay within your carb % for the day and not worry about the fruit.
  • MizCJ84
    MizCJ84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your goals. Is your goal to eat less sugar? If so, I think you should limit your fruit and vegetable intake...especially fruit because most fruit contains more sugar than most veggies. Just because fruits and vegetables come from the earth, doesn't necessarily mean they are not harmful (particularly in large doses). Plenty of substances occur naturally in the world that are harmful, so don't feel like you have to consume a certain amount of fruits and veggies each day if they are not helping you reach your goals.
  • madmish00
    Options
    If your sugars are from natural sources then I wouldn't worry too much unless it is putting you over your calories. You can change the setting if you are bothered about seeing the big red number. Just go to My Home, Goals, Change Goals, Custom.

That said I tend to limit fruit to 2-3 portions per day as too much fruit tends to put me over my overall carbohydrate target (because I CAN'T bring myself to cut my wholemeal bread and pasta)
  • Ivana331
    Options
    I tend to go over my sugar, fat, and sodium. But I eat lots of fruit and my fats are healthy fats, almonds, guacamole, lean meats, etc. My sodium is still and issue, but I am working on it and just drinking water to try to balance it out.