Any advice?!

Options
Hello everybody. Ive struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I decided its time to change. My problem is I've never really been a healthy eater, so I don't really know how to go about this correctly. I'm only a few days in and I'm improving. I have been eating smaller portions, but I'm not really sure what to eat. Any meal suggestions that I can go off of? I'm very determined to lose this weight for my son. He is 15 months old and I want to be healthy and a good role model for him. I'm not a huge vegetable fan, but like I said I'm very motivated and am willing to make the change now.

Replies

• cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Water, water and more water for starters. I try to do 1/2 plate veggies, 1/4 plate protein and 1/4 plate fruit when I am trying. That doesn't last long. I know for me last year, cutting sodium and drinking water helped most. I used Weight Watchers for food ideas and I also had friends who had open diaries to use to get ideas. Good luck.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Well done for deciding to make some positive changes to be a great example for your son as he grows up.

Don't feel you have to change everything at once - watching the portion sizes of what you are eating now is a great place to start.
    Adding in a bit more exercise is good too - take your little one for a walk, dance around the house or fit in a DVD or class if you can.
    Then start making gradual changes to your meals - breakfast is a good place to start. Google "healthy breakfast ideas" and find something that you like the look of. Get used to a good brekky, then move onto lunch, dinner, snacks etc.

Good luck!
  • tiffanybillig
    tiffanybillig Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your advice! I switched to drinking water. That was a big change for me from drinking no water to only water and I enjoy it. No more soda or iced tea for me! I have been walking every night after work as well. I just have to work on my meals now.