Vitamins Anyone??

Options
I was just wondering if any of you were supplementing your diet with vitamins or herbal teas, etc.

For myself, I am taking 2 GNC's Women's Mega-Vitamins (50+), 2 MSM plus Glucosamine, Calcium Supps in the evenings.

When I feel like something hot to drink, I usually have a Green Tea which also counts as a water (YAY!)

Instead of sugar, I use Splenda.

Replies

• DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if any of you were supplementing your diet with vitamins or herbal teas, etc.

For myself, I am taking 2 GNC's Women's Mega-Vitamins (50+), 2 MSM plus Glucosamine, Calcium Supps in the evenings.

When I feel like something hot to drink, I usually have a Green Tea which also counts as a water (YAY!)

Instead of sugar, I use Splenda.
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    I supplement with the following but I am considering switching to the Original Anmal Pak to cover all Vitamins.

DHEA
    Leucine XT before workouts from GNC
    Vitamin A
    B6
    B1
    Multi
    Creatine 189 from GNC
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I do the very same thing with my green tea and take a Advanced Complete Formula vitamin, ;plus Fish Oil 1000mg omega 3 capsule three times a day.:flowerforyou:
  • happygrumpalump
    happygrumpalump Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love green tea! I have 2 day. I love the fact that there are no calories and counts as water as well. I add two sugar to it so I do count the sugar, but I don't need to count the green tea because the box has everything listed as zero, lol! Yay for that!

Does anyone know if green tea helps with weight loss? I know there are articles about it, but I wondered if anyone here actually noticed results from drinking it?
  • breakingthepath
    Options
    I take calcium suppliments and drink whatever tea is in the house. Green tea isn't anything special, it works just as well as mint or any other kind. Plus the mint tastes better.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I take a liquid multi vitamin and a liquid vitamin b-12 which I get from my doctor. I also get a mega dose of vitamin b once a week via injection...also from my doctor. I exercise a lot and she suggested the injection b/c it helps with fat burning. There may be some truth to it. I have lost some weight over the last year but the inches have FALLEN off. This time last year I was pushing a size 16 and now I can wear a 6. Of course I have changed my eating habits to make this happen but I think the vitamin b injections give me a little boost too!
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    I have noticed that since I started changing my diet, my nails have become weak. My calcium intake dropped with my changed diet....I am even going to 1% milk to try to make up some of the deficit

I started to take Calcium supplements with Vit D everyday.

I also bought a multivitamin but do not take it every day.
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    Women's One-a-Day. I've tried the green tea but, it makes me feel sick to my stomach. (and yes, I have tried it with food and not on a empty stomach)