Crapola!!! I gained 5.4 lbs!

Options
So mad at myself! I gained 5.4lbs in about 3 days. Crap! I knew I was bad though and I mean really bad. Today is a new day and trying to put it behind me but is on my be hind now! Dang! 1.5 mo of work down the tube!

Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Heard on the Today Show that the average person gains 5lbs during the holidays. I gained 6 :ohwell:
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Wow!

Sorry to hear that. :(

I think there's some possibility that some of that could be water retention, though. If you've been watching your sodium intake and drinking lots of water- then suddenly started eating salty snacks and dinners over the holidays- you might be retaining water. Also, I found that foods like mashed potatoes and stuffing make me more 'stopped-up' than my usual bran flakes and whole grains...

I gained about 3 pounds after the holidays but within just two days of eating better and drinking water, my weight went down. Eliminating waste, getting properly hydrated and cutting back on the sodium helped A LOT. I'm stil 0.6 pounds heavier now than I was this time last week, but at least it's not still 3 pounds!

Keep working hard- I know you'll get rid of that extra holiday 'stuffing' in no time! On the plus side, it'll be another year before we all have to worry about Xmas again... ;)
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Becky,
    It's water retention! Day after Christmas (26th) I weighted 287. Today, the 28th, after one hard workout in the gym I'm 279.
    8 pounds in about 48 hrs.
    Keep working out - it'll drop quickly
    Good luck
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    The holidyas are almost over!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I usually start going strict again right after Christmas so it doesn't turn into a 2 week binge. You will be okay, just keep up the good work.
  • becky444
    becky444 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! On a positive note, I used to just let it go until Superbowl Sunday! I just didnt care now I do.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Heard on the Today Show that the average person gains 5lbs during the holidays. I gained 6 :ohwell:

Well, hearing that from JStar, I guess I shouldn't be too upset that I was up 4 lbs at today's monthly doctor appointment. :frown: :grumble: :angry: :sad:

Even though I thought I had done well all month, these last 10 are fighting hard to stay on! He said they would and they did - and brought some buddies back for company :laugh:

But I'll get their butts outa here this month! They won't know what hit 'em till they're long gone! :laugh: :wink:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options

Well, hearing that from JStar, I guess I shouldn't be too upset that I was up 4 lbs at today's monthly doctor appointment. :frown: :grumble: :angry: :sad:

Even though I thought I had done well all month, these last 10 are fighting hard to stay on! He said they would and they did - and brought some buddies back for company :laugh:

But I'll get their butts outa here this month! They won't know what hit 'em till they're long gone! :laugh: :wink:
    I'm right there with ya - 'cept I have 19 left to get rid of...well :embarassed: 25 now. Hopefully I'll drop those 6 quickly & be back on track. I've maintained since October 31st & I'm so ready to start losing again!!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options

I'm right there with ya - 'cept I have 19 left to get rid of...well :embarassed: 25 now. Hopefully I'll drop those 6 quickly & be back on track. I've maintained since October 31st & I'm so ready to start losing again!!

Those plateaus drive you crazy, don't they! I know we both can do it, though!. Those little libbies can't hang around for ever! Doc suggested that I try the exercise bike to stir things up some more. Guess even the weight loss program I'm using on the treadmill isn't enough to make them want to vacate the premises! :laugh: Three 5-minute intervals @9% grade, 3 @7%, 3 @ 5% and 20 minutes at 4.5% hasn't scared them off my butt & gut yet! :laugh: !
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That could be water weight? Anyways it was Christmas/ The Holidays (American people seem to call it the Holidays more often than Christmas :) ) Everyone is allowed to indulge a little!
    I read a piece in a Weight Watcher magazine, about a woman who put on about 7lbs over the festive period, but as soon as she went back to dieting again it dropped back off. It was just Christmas pulling you in :)
    You will lose it again of course you will! Good luck!!!