Sample of 1700 Cal Day...

Options
Just wondering if anyone would like to share their diary with me or any suggestions on how to get to 1700 cals a day?

I have only just begun eating this much and am trying to eat as healthily as possible but am feeling that it's all the wrong foods (I go over all the time on carbs... :-(

I am OVER having salads for lunch so have been having salad sandwiches lately but am over that too..

I am not too creative when it comes to putting things together!

I am willing to try new foods (I have only just begun to eat ALOT more veggies than I used to... don't hate me!)

Sorry if this is a really simple question, please don't be cranky with me! :-)

Replies

• georgie181
    Options
    Try the recipes forum and go on youtube and search for recipes :)
  • barky586
    Options
    Here's mine:

4:30 AM: 2 LARGE EGG OMELETTE (use generic Pam spray) with green and red peppers, chipped up onions, mushrooms, dab of salsa and a dab of shredded mozerella cheese. YOPLAIT GREEK 100 YOGURT for dessert.

9:30 AM: This is my "after gym" just before I go to work meal. BAHA CHICKEN ON FLATBREAD from Tropical Smoothie beside my gym.

2:00 PM: ZONE BAR

7:00 PM: WEIGHT WATCHERS PAN PEPPERONI PIZZA

On occasion if I work a longer shift like 8-9 hours, I have a 300 calorie or so Lean Cuisine meal instead of the Zone bar or sometimes in addition to the Zone bar.
  • sodaisy
    Options
    Hello,

I set my daily allowance to 1700 cal a day but I do also eat my exerciser cal. I struggle to stay in low cal diet, I run at least 3 days a week with total mileage of around 14 miles + weights or Jillian VD in between those non running days.

I started doing a 5:2 fasting this week so you will see 2 very low cal days.

Feel free to add.
  • keina629
    keina629 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    foodgawker.com is amazing

also try chickpeas! Or other non-lettuce based salads (one of my faves is chickpeas + roast pumpkin + beans + roast red onion)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1800 a day but my average is 1700 - 1800. Add me to take a look if you like.
  • carolyn002
    carolyn002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have needed to up my cals as I am doing a metabolism reset. At the moment I am having 2200 cals.

You are welcome to friend me so you can look at my diary. Just drop me a note to let me know a few things about you and why you want to friend me. : )

I eat clean and mainly dairy and wheat free. ; )
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    My diary's public if you wanna look. Just ignore last night. CAKE!
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    try those websides:

http://www.leancuisine.com/Index/Index.aspx
    http://www.eatingwell.com/
    http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/

You should be fine. There are tones of great recepies there :)
  • newyorklover91
    newyorklover91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much, I will look into it :)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    my goal is 1400 but I eat my exercise cals so probably average around 1700 cals - feel free to look through my diary. Note this week is not a good example since I've eaten out twice then had 2 low days to compensate for it.

I always have a treat before bed with my leftover cals to bring me up to my goal, usually a square of chocolate or a scoop of ice-cream :-) xx
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    That's roughly what I'd have in a day, BUT I don't watch macros (never have, as my theory is I eat well and it all balances out, plus I'm a runner and need my carbs!). My average day would look like...

Breakfast: Up to 400 cals....
    Porridge with milk & peanut butter, a banana and coffees with milk.
    Cereal with milk, with a slice of toast an orange or similar (+coffees)
    Toast with varying toppings, greek yoghurt with honey (coffees)
    Bread with eggs (either poached, scrambled or french toast made with fry-light)
    Omelette with a large side salad.

Lunches. Up to 500 cals
    Homemade sandwich with crisps and fruit.
    Tuna and beans and a large salad
    Soup and bread
    Spanish Fritatas with salad

Dinner...anything really and just worked out to a portion correct to my remaining calories. Recently I'd had...
    Chilli con carne
    Bratwurst hotdogs
    Seafood buillebaise
    Quiche
    etc... Just basically whatever we decide. The key with dinner I find is portion control.

I don't tend to snack and I don't have a sweet-tooth naturally so I get to have three really quite decent meals in a day.