Its friday! What are the lowest calorie alcohol drinks?

Options
I was just wondering what everyone drinks at the weekend? I know alot of you guys have probably cut alcohol out for a while, but there must be some of you who like a cheeky glass or two at the weekend? What are the lowest calorie drinks? I've been treating myself to a glass of white wine and sprite zero at the weekend. :drinker:

Replies

• goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Gin and tonic is pretty low - especially if the tonic is slimline. (I prefer the taste of the real stuff though)
  • Kimflowerpower1
    Options
    I have been encouraged to try this before but I hate the taste of gin! Too dry for me I like really sweet things! Maybe I should give it another go! Thanks! :smile:
  • MadzP
    MadzP Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I drink Vawter ... i have nooooo idea how much calories it has in ext but i enjoy it and so far it has not affected my weight. I don't drink a lot though. Maybe a 6 pack for the whole weekend.
  • obaker
    obaker Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Vodka/bacardi with diet coke is good if you're into the sweet stuff. Or with lime & soda.
  • Kimflowerpower1
    Options
    Vawter??? What alcohol is in it??? Sounds interesting!
  • Kimflowerpower1
    Options
    Oooh vodka or bacardi with diet soda and lime sounds nice! I'll try this!

How often is everyone drinking these drinks? Has it affected your weight loss?

Thanks!
  • dallasfloyd
    Options
    I was just wondering what everyone drinks at the weekend? I know alot of you guys have probably cut alcohol out for a while, but there must be some of you who like a cheeky glass or two at the weekend? What are the lowest calorie drinks? I've been treating myself to a glass of white wine and sprite zero at the weekend. :drinker:

ok, I have worked as a bartender in the past and i got this question alot.. My response was " How many do you drink?" If your drinking 1-3 don't worry about it and enjoy it.. if your drinking 10-20 to get leather-ed then it makes a small difference.. I am sure you work hard during the week so enjoy what you want for those 2 drinks of course track it.. most beer and regular liquor is calories only with some carbs which you can balance with some time on a thread mill.. some shots shots have lots of sugars so they vary
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Gin and slimline is only 56 calories :) vodka, soda and lime is really nice, around 60 cals depending if you use fresh lime or lime cordial (cordial will have more sugar).

I'd say stay away from beers, lagers and especially ciders as they can be up to 250 cals per pint! I found this out the hard way when logging a night out the day after :blushing:
  • esteeetee
    Options
    Bud 66 and red stripe are quite low cal- I've learned to love them.
  • aevangelo
    Options
    flavored vodka and soda water :)
  • Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Rum and Diet :) Yum!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Vodka/bacardi with diet coke is good if you're into the sweet stuff. Or with lime & soda.

Agree. I drink white Bacardi (no more than an ounce, but usually less - more for the taste than for the alcohol) with an 8-oz glass of Diet Coke and ice.
  • sassybellex
    Options
    im not much for alcohol but if i do have something it would be a white dry wine or possibly rose.
    if i could i would have yummy cocktails but thats not a option anymore.
  • Tracenspace
    Tracenspace Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bud 66 and red stripe are quite low cal- I've learned to love them.

Red stripe is good :) I drink wine everyday but when I want an extra glass I just make sure I burn some extra calories that day.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Flavored vodka and club soda. Seems sweet without actually being sweet. Especially if you get fruit loop or swedish fish vodka.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Most club sodas and tonics (unless they are diet) are the equivalent to a regular soda.

I don't like diet coke so if I'm out, beer or a clear liquor with water is the only decently low cal option (at MOST bars).
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    drink it straight, like a boss. jack daniels or red stag....or american honey.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    30 ml / 1 oz of a good single malt wiskey can last me all evening! (edited to add that this is about 70 kcal's!)

I think I'll have some nice Oban tonight :drinker:
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I've always been a beer girl... But I've had to leave my lovely dark beers behind. Living two doors up from a brewery senior year of college may have been my downfall. Those were the days.....:drinker: But anywho.

Now I stick to Miller Lite or Miller 64. If I'm looking for a buzz on the weekend, I just drink Miller Lite. Miller 64 is my weekday beer if we go out for a couple- it contains hardly any alcohol, so if you're looking for a buzz, you end up consuming twice as many as you would Miller Lite.
  • PennyHarris123
    PennyHarris123 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    oo good question I'm out tonight on a girls night! i intend to stick to gin and slimline tonic but I'm sure to have too many and I love dry white wine!!!