Just bought p90x! What equipment do i need?

Options
Hey folks,

I just ordered the p90x on amazon, my boyfriend and I are starting our new years with a bang! Wondering if anyone out there can give us some advice. Also, what do we need to get as far as equipment? The videos I've seen show resistance bands and free weights, but is there any thing else we should get? We are getting pumped up to do it, all the information out there really shows some great results! Thanks for reading and sharing!

Replies

• kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am interested in the answer to this as well!
  • brianfu2323
    Options
    You need a pull-up bar and dumbbells for arms/shoulders unless you are using the bands. It is an intense workout, good luck!
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    Along with the pull-up bar & weights or bands, you'll also need a yoga mat & a good pair of cross-training shoes. Throw away all of the junk food in your house & get ready to start eating clean.

Good luck!
  • lesleylykins
    lesleylykins Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    P90X is awesome!! Congratulations on a really outstanding purchase. Be for you buy a pull up bar that hangs on a doorframe make sure you check the frame you have and purchase one that will work with your door. A few of my friends bought them and then later found they couldn't use it with their door frame. I've heard the P90X one is really great. Also, invest in the P90X Recovery Drink - it is COMPLETELY worth the money.