water intake

I drink gallons of tea and between 2 &3 cans of diet coke a day.
NO PURE WATER
I think this is still good for my water intake what are your opinions?

Replies

• Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    I have always been told that water is water, anything else does not count. Also, for every 8 oz of caffeinated beverage you intake, you have to intake extra water to offset it because caffeine dehydrates you. I am a big coffee drinker. I have cut back to about 4 cups a day. I am also drinking a lot more water than what my minimum is to offset my caffeine. :)
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Personally I take 2 x 500ml bottles of filtered water to work to drink, then have 2 herbal teas in a 400ml mug then at least 2 mugs of tea in the morning one when I get to work, one at lunch one 3 ish, at least 2 mugs of tea when I get home and early evening. So in total *reaches for calculator* is about 3.4 litres a day. But I'm always thirsty always have been, but negative for diabeties.
    I stay away from canned diet or fizzy drinks apart from low cal tonic water in my gin! And that is only 1 or 2 drinks at the weekend.

Tea still hydrates you more than it de hydrates you, so if you drink gallons probably the worse thing that will happen is your teeth will stain a bit! Depends if you drink ''northern'' tea like I do! If you can't stand your spoon up in it, it isn't strong enough!