Leading the Race

Options
I weighed in this morning, down 1.5 pounds from last week, I really felt like I killed it this week, the old me would make excuses as to why the number was small. I thought like this after getting that number but then I reflected more and came up with this:

Since April 15, I've lost 17 pounds, my pants are getting smaller, I feel great, I'm 5 pounds from my first mini-goal.

When I was 320 pounds I told myself I wanted a goal of 285 to start, l never thought I'd get there, I'm 5 pounds away from that now!

This is a marathon and I'm leading this when I really look at it, every step forward is an improvement and there's no reason to be down about this!

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    WOOT!!! 1.5 LBs is an awesome loss! and all of those stats you listed are amazing too! Keep striving for your goals and I know you will succeed! :)
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    mini goals, and small wins will get you there! 1.5 pounds within a week, its fantastic. Keep it going, and you will get to your final goal.
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Good work! Never think of 1.5 pounds as ONLY 1.5 pounds. Think instead, WOW, 1.5 pounds!!!!! Dang awesome!
  • chellie346
    chellie346 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesomely said!! Every step forward are steps to a better you! Pounds you will never see again. This isn't just a diet it's a lifestyle and I have to remind myself of that everyday.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. NSV's for me help a lot more than the numbers on the scale. When I started to lift weights, the scale went up and i was very hard on myself. After reading posts on here, I stopped looking at the scale, watched what I ate, and started taking measurements. My waist started getting smaller and my chect and arms started getting bigger.

Swimming in your 38's is awesome.
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    Awesomely said!! Every step forward are steps to a better you! Pounds you will never see again. This isn't just a diet it's a lifestyle and I have to remind myself of that everyday.

Yes, exactly! I said that yesterday, too, it's a lifestyle change, a diet is really doomed to fail. So much easier to approach it as yes, I will have that, but just in a smaller portion.
  • alexp74
    alexp74 Posts: 125
    Options
    Good work! Never think of 1.5 pounds as ONLY 1.5 pounds. Think instead, WOW, 1.5 pounds!!!!! Dang awesome!

Exactly! Thank you!
  • tnmyers23
    tnmyers23 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Yes, exactly! I said that yesterday, too, it's a lifestyle change, a diet is really doomed to fail. So much easier to approach it as yes, I will have that, but just in a smaller portion.

You are right this isn't a diet it is a change in our lifestyles. If it were a diet when the end date came we would slowly climb back to our old weights, With a lifestyle change this is permanant and we will maintain once we reach our goals. Remember head up eyes on the finish line. One day at a time. Mini goals are better for you. I always do it in 10 lbs incriments or an average of 5 pounds per month.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Any loss you should be very proud of your hard work! I have only lost 1 lb. in the last 3 months but I am happy and the way I can see my body changing regardless. Remember you are also building muscle and although to see that scale number going down is nice you should be very encouraged by the way your clothes are feeling looser and the changes you can physically see and feel. Keep up the good work!
  • pumkin72083
    Options
    You have a great attitude. 1.5 lbs is awesome! I love the idea of setting small goals, I do that myself. This is a lifestyle change and that is what keeps my spirits up. Going on a diet your mind is only focussed on the boundaries of that diet ,but when you are changing your life all by yourself it makes the healthy life so much more rewarding.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    with only 30ish lbs to go losing more than 1lb/week is quite aggressive. Losing more than that when you don't have much to lose will usually lead to a large% of the weight loss coming from lean muscle vs. if your loss, and deficit, were smaller.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!