My journey of a thousand steps.

Options
2»

Replies

• Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    A massive warm welcome to you and congratulations to you for making those very important steps to admitting you need to do something, and doing it. You are an inspiration to me and no doubt many others.

Good luck to you and I hope you achieve everything you wish and more.

Weight loss takes time, effort, tantrums but the rewards feel so much better.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    You are very brave for starting this journey. It is hard to change. But, it is worth it... and it can be done. With just what little you have said, I believe you can do this. I know you can do this. Feel free to add me. I'll be happy to help motivate you in this journey.
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I like the title - a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Deciding to change your life after so many years is hard but rewarding, I did the same at the start of the year.
  • AmethystEFC
    AmethystEFC Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am quite overwhelmed. Thank you all so very much, I really do wish that I could express my appreciation but at the moment that is likely to resemble a slightly tear stained rambling woman... so just thank you from the bottom of my over-emotional heart.

I take another bold step today; Gym membership - scary times indeed! I think I will be torn between gazing at my shoes as I lumber about the place and looking hopefully in the general direction of those who don't have disgust written across their faces.

Between this today, and the ordering of the scales, it all feels a little surreal. Could this really be me? Could I really be on the first steps to being healthy, fit and not quite so unhappy with myself?

Your response has given me enough faith to move forward. There are people out there who won't judge me, who won't belittle this huge struggle I must face, who will support my efforts and gee me up on my bad days.

Thank you. In ways that can't be explained, thank you.