Moving SUPER slow

Options
Ok. I'll admit it.. I took a break for the holidays. I haven't worked out in 4 days and haven't watched my calories. Honestly, I didn't think I had done THAT badly, no major pig outs. Maybe a few more Christmas cookies than I should have but, overall, not too horrible.
Well, I just worked out for 30 minutes, doing my usual..20minutes of 30 day shred and 10 minutes of pilates for my abs..Holy Crap! I feel like I was moving through mud! Things I ordinarily breeze through were Killing me!! It's only been 4 days! Wow!!

Has this happened to anyone else?

Replies

• carpediem13
    carpediem13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yea today was a little painful at the gym. I'd done a few workouts with a jump rope over the holidays bc I got some workout stuff for Christmas. I do know from sports in high school that it takes like 4-6 weeks to get in shape but only 2 weeks to lose almost all the endurance or other fitness. It's a shame...after all the hard work you want to take a little time off and it magically goes away. The good news is that you did your workouts and no matter how slow you felt you kept going. Getting through the mud may be hard but it's doable. Good luck and keep chugging through the muck!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Yup! If I take off running for a week or so it takes a few days to get back into it even if I've been doing other types of exercise... its so annoying! Don't worry though it will get easier :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • saraketner
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you too!!