Is Jillian enough?

Options
I started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred at the beginning of this week. It's kicking my butt and I'm loving it... I have read that you don't need to add any other workouts with it. I can't help wondering, is just doing that enough? Should I be adding some cardio on top of it?

Replies

• BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have just about every one of her recent dvds....my suggestion....if it's feeling too easy:

Do it twice a day

Do more than one level at a time

Add heavier weights

If you want to add a walk, jog, bike ride or whatever, Do it. My sister lost like 30-40lbs just doing Jillian twice a day
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    To lose weight? Sure.

To run a marathon? Na.
    To get strong? no.
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Besides walking, JM DVDs are the typically the only exercise I do (ONCE a day is ENOUGH for me :smile: ) I'm very happy with the results. I'm sure you will be too
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I find her work outs to be pretty challenging. I am doing Ripped in 30 right now and it is kicking my booty. ETA I don't exclusively do her stuff though. I also run and do yoga.
  • missabeez
    missabeez Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    To lose weight? Sure.

To run a marathon? Na.
    To get strong? no.

I would argue that if your fitness level is low, Jillian Michael's improves strength. There will be more challenging workouts of course. I found Jillian helped improve endurance as well.
  • Diotima73
    Options
    I did 30DS. It was a good introduction to regular exercise.

If you feel you are up to doing more, either increase the weight you are lifting, or walk more. Let yourself get through the 30 DS first. You are probably working harder than you realize, and you don't want to get fatigued.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Enough for what? Whats the hurry? If you dont loose weight doing 30 ds you´re caloriedeficit is probably not big enough. You say it kicks your but so stick with it til it dont, thats when you should start to worry about it not being enough. You mention nothing about what you ddi before and how much you aim to lose.