Eat Rite = Eat WRONG?!

Options
Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
Just a friendly neighborhood HG warning -- if you happen to stumble upon pizzas or other frozen foods made by a brand called Eat Rite, be afraid. Be VERY afraid. We've heard LOTS of buzz from subscribers who are extremely skeptical of the accuracy of their nutrition labels. Some have even had said foods TESTED only to find that their nutritional content was shockingly higher than the labels state (we have even SEEN these results, and although we cannot verify for sure that the info provided in these lab results is true, we personally believe it is). Consider yourself warned. We were lured in by the personal pizzas years ago but ditched them when we finally admitted to ourselves that the buttery-tasting crust and puddles of oil that formed on top of 'em meant they probably had more than the 210 - 245 calories and 3 - 5g fat printed on the labels.

Read more here:
http://www.hungry-girl.com/news/newsdetails.php?isid=1365

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Options
    Just a friendly neighborhood HG warning -- if you happen to stumble upon pizzas or other frozen foods made by a brand called Eat Rite, be afraid. Be VERY afraid. We've heard LOTS of buzz from subscribers who are extremely skeptical of the accuracy of their nutrition labels. Some have even had said foods TESTED only to find that their nutritional content was shockingly higher than the labels state (we have even SEEN these results, and although we cannot verify for sure that the info provided in these lab results is true, we personally believe it is). Consider yourself warned. We were lured in by the personal pizzas years ago but ditched them when we finally admitted to ourselves that the buttery-tasting crust and puddles of oil that formed on top of 'em meant they probably had more than the 210 - 245 calories and 3 - 5g fat printed on the labels.

Read more here:
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/news/newsdetails.php?isid=1365
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Distrust any company that has trouble spelling the word "right". :bigsmile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    Distrust any company that has trouble spelling the word "right". :bigsmile:
    :laugh:
  • breakingthepath
    Options
    I've never seen their stuff at the grocery store here, thank goodness. Pools of grease? Eww.
  • Healthier_Me
    Options
    I've never seen their stuff at the grocery store here, thank goodness. Pools of grease? Eww.
    :sick:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    mmmm.....grease.... *drool* :love: