June Starters: Dec. 28 weigh-in week

courtney_love2001
courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey ladies! No one had started the new thread, so I though I would do it. I have been bad, and I didn't even log Christmas Eve or Christmas. I am back at it though, as I hope all of you are. I still have new year's to get through, but that's a few days off. I don't have a scale, so I can't weigh in....I'm not sure that some of you will want to weigh in either :blushing: but I thought I would start a chat here anyway! Miss you girls!

Replies

• magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Hi there ... thanks for starting the thread. I just got back from visiting my kids in Ottawa (6 hours away). I wasn't near a scale so I'll check the damage in the morning. We all had an awesome Christmas but we ate way too much. I can't wait to get back into my old routine. I hope you all had a great holiday season. Talk to you soon.
  • linnebooc
    linnebooc Posts: 84 Member
    Ok so I did the impossible...Lost weight during Christmas. Not sure how that happened but I'll take it!

SW - 300
    LW - 266.5
    CW - 265.3

So down over a pound. *does a little happy dance*

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Ok so I did the impossible...Lost weight during Christmas. Not sure how that happened but I'll take it!

SW - 300
    LW - 266.5
    CW - 265.3

So down over a pound. *does a little happy dance*

Good luck everyone! :flowerforyou:

I'm doing the HAPPY dance for you!!! Awesome job!!! Congrats to you!
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Sorry I haven't been more active on here lately. It's been sooooo crazy. I've either been really good or really bad with calories. One day I do great then I do really bad... Hopefully I can at least maitain at tomorrow's weigh in... lol

Good luck!

Congrats linnebooc for losing!!!!
  • busymom74
    O.k. I went back and did the ss's from the threads that were started. They will be at the bottom of the spreadsheet when i post it this week. You'll have to click on the tab to check it out. Last week was a little sad. There were 3 weigh ins.

Keep weighing and keep posting!!! (including me. lol) We can't lose the June Starters!!

Let's get remotivated!! I know I am!!
  • courtney_love2001
    Congrats Linneboc!! You did the impossible :)

I am dying without a scale...I don't think I'm gaining or anything, I just like to make sure that I am maintaining or am around where I started. UGH!

I wish you ladies luck weighing in tomorrow and the rest of the week! And we do need to rally the troops...I think people have fallen off the wagon b/c of the holidays and aren't coming back until the new year. I just hope they come back!
  • Mamakatspokane
    Good Morning Ladies
    I'll be weighing in tomorrow...it won't be great but I'm OK with that. I'll lose it again.
    Remember Ladies, come back soon!!!! Better to get those holiday pounds off quick before you add more to them!

For my motivation I added my before/after (although I'm not done) pictures to the thread on MFP....it was important for me to see how far I've come...I don't want to give up because I gained a few pounds over the holidays...right?

Hopefully everyone is just busy with kids out of school, etc.
    June Starters...COME BACK!!!:laugh:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    YIKES ... I gained like 5 lbs. over the past week!!!!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    YIKES ... I gained like 5 lbs. over the past week!!!!

I'm sure some of it is just water retention. Drink more water and watch your sodium for a couple days :)
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Well I am up 1.8, I am pretty sure its water mostly since my rings are tight and normally they are loose. I am not changing my ticker until next Wednesday and I plan do everything I can to make it go down not up.

Good luck June Starters. Wishing you all Happy and Healthy New Year. 2010 is going to be great!!
  • busymom74
    Yea, so it's Wednesday. lol I keep thinking it's Tuesday. I forgot to weigh in this morning. I'm wearing 4 layers of shirts and my thick pants so there's no way I'm gonna check our UPS scale here at work. lol

I'm trying to catch up on the SS for this week so I need everyones LW & CW when you weigh in. Thanks!!!
  • Mamakatspokane
    SW 176.5 LW 142.4 CW 143.2 Really this weight does not properly reflect how bad I've been! But my pants are reflecting it so back to the grind!!!!
  • busymom74
    It's funny you said that mama, My pants are feeling a lot more loose even though I'm sure there's a gain when I weigh in. :noway: My fiance asked if I was wearing my 9's yesterday. I said "No these are 7's." he said "Oh, they're big on you." :blushing: :love:

Where's the rest of our weighers????? :ohwell:
  • courtney_love2001
    It's funny you said that mama, My pants are feeling a lot more loose even though I'm sure there's a gain when I weigh in. :noway: My fiance asked if I was wearing my 9's yesterday. I said "No these are 7's." he said "Oh, they're big on you." :blushing: :love:

Where's the rest of our weighers????? :ohwell:

Yay!! That is so exciting. Always good when a man notices ;) I guess just put me down for same weight as I last weighed in (not sure if it was 151.5 or 150.5)....no scale :( I don't feel too fat, and I have been drinking lots of extra water, so I hope I am maintaining. We are definitely missing quite a few people, including our founder! :laugh: I'm sure they will be back in the new year!
  • Mamakatspokane
    WOW, we might have to start personal messaging some June Starters..... Hopefully everyone will be back next week after New Years and the kids are back in school!!!!
  • Oh boy, Christmas was bad to me in the weight loss arena. (otherwise very good :smile: )

Last weigh in before Christmas: 187
    CW: 190 :sad:

hopefully i'll get back on track now that I'm back to my normal schedule.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun New Year's Eve!
  • busymom74
    LW- 162.2
    CW- 163.7

Yep, Up 1.5 lbs. But I'm down on inches!! YAY. lol I'm sure it's water weight. We had Chicken Fajita's with the in laws and although I only had 1 I felt VERY thirsty a few times overnight. I hate having to get up in the cold to get a drink. That means you have to get up again to go to the bathroom. lol
  • busymom74
    Does anyone have any new years resolutions?

I want to run this year. I can't seem to run on a treadmill. It scares me. So this year I want to suck it up and not worry about how I jiggle when I run and I'm gonna start running on the track near the gym. In public. Yep, I'm gonna do it. lol
  • courtney_love2001
    I want to run also. I got to where I would run 4 times a week about 2 miles, and I could run a 10 min mile. I ran outside, and when it got cold I stopped. I despise running on a treadmill :grumble:

My resolution is to complete C25K when spring comes. And of course to get these last 10-15 pounds off! Once I get there, I want to start focusing on muscle definition (I want those awesome abs!). Now that I have my Polar F7 in the mail, I will have no excuses! :happy:
  • Hey ladies.

I am back. I've completely fallen off the wagon over the last few weeks here with the holidays and being busy. However I do have some sort of progress to report. I finally cracked and went for an initial visit with a therapist. There are a lot of emotional issues behind my eating, and the last few weeks I was watching myself sabotage myself and wondering why every time when I get down to about 265 do I start sabotaging? So I'll be seeing her and dealing with a lot of things I haven't dealt with over my lifetime. She made the suggestion that due to some of the abuse I received my weight in my mind is almost a protection. I don't feel vulnerable because I'm big and can look intimidating. (it's amazing the things that come out and I feel like, "holy crap why did I not recognize that?") It's true. I think the hardest part of this journey for me (besides being a picky eater who craves large amounts of buttery carbs) is that I'm almost afraid to reach my goal weight, to be small. I can't remember being smaller than other people, I've ALWAYS been big. There is no "I want to be down to my high school weight again" for me. I've never been there, and I've never had a healthy body image either. Or a healthy relationship with food. Food has always been more than nutrients for my body. It's connected to love and even punishment for me, and I need to reprogram that thinking.

So I'm back to logging (and now also keeping a journal about the emotions behind my eating). I'll weigh in on monday to assess the damage (Last time I stepped on a scale I was up 6 pounds), and update my weight for my ticker even. And focus on getting back into the gym. I'm trying to stay away from refined sugars and refined flour. Lots of fruit and whole grains, fresh foods instead of processed junk.

It's a new year and my resolution is simply to be happy.
This discussion has been closed.