How Many Times Have You Completed the 30 Day Shred?

Options
The 30DS was where I started my weight loss journey. It helped me lose my first 14 pounds! After I finished it, I continued exercising by jogging and aerobics classes at my local community center.

I recently took a little hiatus from dieting and weight loss, but now I'm back on it! I am on my fourth day of my second round of the 30DS. This time around I am doing it every other day instead of every day.

Have you done the 30DS more than once? Were your results as good as the last?

Replies

• medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You must really like 30 day shred considering Jillian has done a number of other similar dvds that after that. Ripped in 30 being the closest to 30 day shred. There is a good point to changing it up since your muscle may remember the workout from before, but do what works for you.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    The 30DS was where I started my weight loss journey. It helped me lose my first 14 pounds! After I finished it, I continued exercising by jogging and aerobics classes at my local community center.

I recently took a little hiatus from dieting and weight loss, but now I'm back on it! I am on my fourth day of my second round of the 30DS. This time around I am doing it every other day instead of every day.

Are you doing anything differently this time around? More weight? High impact vs. low impact last time? Just curious. I also starting with 30DS and had great results with it... and I may consider revisiting it since the length of workout is much easier to fit into my "back to school" schedule.
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    Options

Are you doing anything differently this time around? More weight? High impact vs. low impact last time? Just curious. I also starting with 30DS and had great results with it... and I may consider revisiting it since the length of workout is much easier to fit into my "back to school" schedule.

I have changed things up a bit and I have also started lifting heavy. When the DVD is doing chest flies, for instance, I bench press heavy weights. Do the sit-ups with weights, etc...
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I started with 30DS and loved it and the results. Now I will pull it out and do it when time doesn't allow for a gym visit or when I need to mix up the routine a bit. I also increased weight and modified it a bit when doing it now.
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options

I have changed things up a bit and I have also started lifting heavy. When the DVD is doing chest flies, for instance, I bench press heavy weights. Do the sit-ups with weights, etc...

Well I then I dont see any point in returing to 30 ds, you obviously need more of a challenge. Do No more trouble zones or Ripped in 30 instead.
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    Options

Well I then I dont see any point in returing to 30 ds, you obviously need more of a challenge. Do No more trouble zones or Ripped in 30 instead.

I'm fine doing the 30DS again for now.
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i did 30 day shred i think two times in a row then i got ripped in 30 and did that once. now i rotate through both doing that 3 times a week and running 3 times a week. after i get done with level 4 of ripped in 30 i'm always excited to start over again with level 1 of 30 day shred :)
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love her Extreme Shed & Shred......She recommends doing both workouts back to back, level 1 & 2. Only thing is with both workouts and warm up/cool down it's about a 75 minuts workout. But I've seen fantastic results with it6. Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I started jillians body revolution. its a prog u do over 90 days. Very similar to 30 DS but u get 3 cardio work outs and 12 usual mixed work outs. Its Going well so far. Fingers crossed for good results!! I am enjoying it tho i am sore but its deffo worth a shot!
  • momRN2B
    momRN2B Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred and loved it. Then i decided to try Ripped in 30 and hated it, it involves too much coordination and balance. I felt like i was spending more time trying to figure out how to do the moves then actually exercising. So after 2 weeks of Ripped in 30 I went back to the 30 day shred. So that's what i am currently doing, round 2 of the 30 day shred with heavier hand weights. Cant wait to see my results this round.
    So my advice to those of you who like me are terrible with balance and coordination, don't bother with Ripped in 30. The 30 day shred uses more simple moves but is still extremely effective.
  • OnTheWayToPerfection
    Options
    I do have the 6 Week Six-Pack and I've only done that 2 or 3 times when I first got it.
    I just really like the Shred, but I don't think I will be doing it a 3rd time. I need to get my money's worth of the SWSP.