Raspberry Ketones, Green Tea, or Green Coffee Bean Extract??

Options
I am not one to take supplements, but I am thinking about trying something. I need a jump start for a little motivation if nothing else. I asked my "Booty Camp" coach last night for recommendations. She mentioned the Raspberry Ketones, Green Tea Extract, or Green Coffee Bean Extract. Has anyone here ever used these? Did you have side effects? Did they help give you a little metabolic boost? I like the fact that they are natural, but still worried about trying them. And the "good" ones run about $50 a bottle, so is it worth it? Any input would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Replies

• tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker that loves Dr Oz and tries all of the supplements that he promotes. She has done the Raspberry Ketones, Green Tea Extract, and Green Coffee Bean Extract over the past year. She has not lose a single pound.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea because it tastes good and helps me avoid caffeine overload. I don't believe any of that causes you to lose weight though. They are scamming you.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Anything Dr Oz tells you is probably a bunch of crap!
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I take 1 green tea tablet a few days a week because it helps my digestion. I don't take it to lose weight.
  • Webona293
    Webona293 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    GNC has a supplement with 200mg of Svetol (the kind dr oz suggests) green coffee bean extract AND raspberry ketones for like $39 for months supply. I am going to try that one.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    none of them.
  • jlgarcia85631
    jlgarcia85631 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have tried both the raspberry ketones and the green coffee bean extract. I still have the green coffee bean about half bottle even though I'm still taking it have not noticed anything energy or weight loss…I also have just finished a bottle of raspberry ketones same thing there. I will thou still continue to take those because I have heard from many many not just dr oz that they are good for breaking down and flushing the fat. I guess to each their own what works for some may not work for others..
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Ive tried them all and didnt notice any change in my weight loss...
  • amenda04
    amenda04 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tried the green coffee beans.... didn't do a thing. However my friend has lost with them, but she started with more belly fat than I did. I carry my fat in my hips. I also started the rapberry ketones at the same time. I still take two a day because I bought them, I'm gonna use them up damnit. But really what has worked for me has been cutting calories and hiitting the treadmill. Who knew? Diet and exercise work, hmmph!
  • babsie11
    babsie11 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I Started taking the Green coffee bean extract today.. did anyone here buy the kind with the Svetol in it or just the regular kind?
  • steponme935
    Options
    I have done them all to the one I am on now say I would lose 17pounds in 30 day well guess what I was doing everything keeping busy drank a lot of water witch I do anyway but more did nothing for me if anything it did for me made me gain 5 extra pounds all this **** doc oz preachesabout is all full of crap and they're out there to just get our money
  • ALNoog
    ALNoog Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I was doing green coffee bean and Garcinia Cambogia and they did make me never hungry but I only lost about I think 8-10 pounds when it was a all said and done...

However I can't swallow pills so I was doing a chewable version of each and the daily servings of each put me at 40 carbs before I even ate anything... Now that I am doing low carb I cant take them anymore because that almost doubles my daily carb allowance just on those..
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Drink green tea, eat raspberries.
    It's cheaper and more effective.
  • easjer
    easjer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I drank at green tea daily while I was trying to conceive my daughter (because I liked the taste, and figured it couldn't hurt - there are supposedly some beneficial properties when ttc). By itself, green tea won't do anything. I certainly lost no weight. And it's a bit bitter, I prefer it with honey or sugar . . . which is going to ensure I don't lose. I never noticed an increase in energy, either.

Green tea in conjunction with calorie restriction or increased activity will help you lose weight . . . but not because of the green tea.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    OP, none of the above "supplements" get my vote. Modest calorie deficit on the other hand? Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Rigger
  • Meushichan
    Meushichan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    None of them have enough scientific research behind them to get my vote for weight/ fat loss. I am all about green tea for anti-oxidants and it being delicious though (if it's bitter, you are brewing it too hot and/ or steeping it too long).
  • yogacat13
    yogacat13 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I drank at green tea daily while I was trying to conceive my daughter (because I liked the taste, and figured it couldn't hurt - there are supposedly some beneficial properties when ttc). By itself, green tea won't do anything. I certainly lost no weight. And it's a bit bitter, I prefer it with honey or sugar . . . which is going to ensure I don't lose. I never noticed an increase in energy, either.

Green tea in conjunction with calorie restriction or increased activity will help you lose weight . . . but not because of the green tea.

If your green tea tasted bitter, it was because you brewed it too long or used water that was too hot. The key is to let the water in the kettle sit for a minute or two after it's boiled, then only swish the bag round in the water for about 30 second to a minute max.

And weight loss supplements are generally a waste, except for a good multivitamin with trace minerals and magnesium.
  • Meushichan
    Options
    Or get an electric kettle, I brew mine at 180F and let it steep for 90-100 seconds.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    The only thing those things lighten is your wallet.
  • Meushichan
    Options
    The only thing those things lighten is your wallet.

QFT