Losing weight from places you don't expect (pic).

Options
One thing I've learned along my weight loss journey is that, sometimes, you lose weight from places you least expect to...

Enter - my eyes.

5 months ago, 38lbs heavier at 196lbs, I hated my eyes. They were puffy, droopy, wrinkled and looked constantly tired.

But, it seems, I have lost weight from the area around them, and they're now bright, and alive. The almond shape shows, and they look much better on my slimmer face :)

Unexpected, but one of the best surprises.

402215_4630132831743_164575429_n.jpg

(Before)
548324_3588759958072_2056079219_n.jpg

(Current)
395354_4629545737066_305755620_n.jpg

Replies

• aclark316
    Options
    that is totally cool!!!
  • gillsta_21
    gillsta_21 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It's so funny that you posted this today! I took a close up picture of my eye last night and want to do one when I reach 10% lost to see the difference. Was wondering if anyone else had done this! Keep up the good work!!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    that is totally cool!!!

I know, right?!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    It's so funny that you posted this today! I took a close up picture of my eye last night and want to do one when I reach 10% lost to see the difference. Was wondering if anyone else had done this! Keep up the good work!!

Wow, make sure you post it! It'll be interesting to see if this happens to anyone else :)
  • cbsavga
    cbsavga Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thats neat. I think you shoud change your profile name to SexyEyeGirl!
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You have such pretty eyes :)

I know what you mean. When I lost my first 25 lbs, my feet shrunk 1/2 a size!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Now everyone's going to start taking close up eye pics! Very cool.
  • altacosturabeth
    altacosturabeth Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I only lost 17lbs (I wasn't overweight to begin with) but I managed to lose some from my face which I was rather happy about! I still have this great big round head but it's now not as big!

And just randomly...I expected to lose weight from my boobahs because they'd only just grown to their current size but nope! My body figured out what I really wanted and kept them there! And my legs and butt got bigger which I was also rather happy about.

Oh and your eyes look lovely :D
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hmmm just wondered if you had had enough sleep in the before pic?
    Congrats on the pounds lost by the way..
  • derekj222
    derekj222 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    my question is: who would of taken that close up pics of their eyes when they started this...? LOL
  • emilynicole02
    emilynicole02 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! good idea :)

and very pretty eyes!
  • DaRizzKid
    DaRizzKid Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i love that you posted this! i have been noticing the same changes! weirdest change for me is my feet lol none of my non adjustable sandals fit anymore, they all rub spots on my feet to the point that i cant wear them...
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I noticed this too! My eyes aren't as puffy and I dont have the permanent bags under them that I though I was stuck with, its amazing how weight loss changes your body!!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Its one of the reasons that people will say 'You look younger' when you lose a lot of weight.....

Its mostly a sub-conscious thing. People don't realize they judge age by specific facial features.
  • Megatoine
    Megatoine Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job. This shows just how FOCUSED you are. Get it girl!
  • Kimbosbc
    Kimbosbc Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    So funny that you posted this. I went to the dr. this week for an ear problem that I have since learned is related to my weight loss. Apparently there is a pocket of fat in your ear that keeps the tube closed and my body has obsorbed it as I have lost weight. Doesn't affect my hearing but I hear myself through the tube and it feels like I am Darth Vader. LOL
  • SheCanSheWill
    SheCanSheWill Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Totally true. Thats so weird but cool. Good for you
  • Rogstar
    Rogstar Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Very cool, I love eye pictures.

One place that I lost weight from that I didn't expect so quickly was my fingers. I'm down about 30lbs (with about 50 more to go). A few weeks ago, my wedding ring started to get loose, and I now notice the diamond will end up on the palm side of my hand. When I started this, I couldn't even take it off because the fat had grown around it over the last 5-6 years!
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    Oh wow! What a difference! Your eyes look lifted, and so much younger! In the Esthetics field, that is where a lot of women want to see a change, and you did it with being more heathy! Now THAT is success!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!