Hidden raisins vent

Options
zyxst
zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
So I was enjoying the hell out of this carrot cake muffin when BAM raisin out of nowhere! Why do people have to put raisins in lovely foods like carrot cake, oatmeal cookies, and butter tarts and not say they've put in raisins?

I'm not allergic. I had a ...bad experience with eating what I thought was a raisin in a cookie and it turned out to be a bug.

Replies

• tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I like raisins, plain, just not in other food. I am so with ya!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Raisins....a perfectly horrible thing to do to a grape!
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    bake your own carrot cake and it wont be an issue :) thats what I do
  • konekkobaba
    Options
    some people think they always need to add things..I myself have been guilty..some people LOVE their dessicated fruits!..I love nuts, and I've never heard a brownie batter object..
  • ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    THIS is why I don't fully trust chocolate chip cookies.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't know - I grieve for a perfectly good grape turned into something revolting :(
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Hate raisins, but love me some chocolate covered raisins!!!
  • amv1023
    amv1023 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    there is nothing worse than thinking you are grabbing a chocolate chip cookie and then realizing it's oatmeal raisin :sick: Raisins are disgusting lol
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Carrot cake without raisins is like spring without sun.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    My old roommate HATED raisins. If anything we got ever had raisins in it she would just give it to me.

I thought it was cute. :)

But I agree that they shouldn't be in everything. There should be -raisin free- options for every food. Including cinnamon buns.
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    So I was enjoying the hell out of this carrot cake muffin when BAM raisin out of nowhere! Why do people have to put raisins in lovely foods like carrot cake, oatmeal cookies, and butter tarts and not say they've put in raisins?

I'm not allergic. I had a ...bad experience with eating what I thought was a raisin in a cookie and it turned out to be a bug.

Oh Lord, you've read my mind....and specifically with carrot cake. Nothing ruins a carrot cake like hidden raisins. And it's so hard to tell sometimes.... is it a nut or raisin.
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    Raisins....a perfectly horrible thing to do to a grape!

hahaha exactly! grapes are yummy, raisins, not so much. buut i loooooove butter tarts and hate raisins, and my mom always has butter tarts WITH raisins, so although at the time im all WTF, its probably a good thing, since i would have eaten them all! LOL
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    haha this thread is cute. I dont like raisins in things either- and would be yucked out if one got in my cookie unexpectedly. :explode:
  • Espressocycle
    Options
    there is nothing worse than thinking you are grabbing a chocolate chip cookie and then realizing it's oatmeal raisin :sick: Raisins are disgusting lol

For me, there is nothing worse than grabbing an oatmeal raisin cookie and realizing someone put chocolate chips in it.
  • Espressocycle
    Options
    :love: I LOVE RAISINS IN ANYTHING!!!:love:

eat-em.jpg
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    It's funny you bring up carrot cake! It's my FAVORITE cake, but some bake it with coconut and some without (and I'm allergic).

So it becomes a crapshoot sometimes when I ask a baker/server/cashier and they go, "Uh, I'm not sure... I don't think so?"
  • HRCephei
    HRCephei Posts: 85 Member
    Options

For me, there is nothing worse than grabbing an oatmeal raisin cookie and realizing someone put chocolate chips in it.

Then this probably isn't the best thread for you... don't ya think? You can take your raisins and go play elsewhere. :smile:
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I love raisins... I'm one of those people that like to add them to things :-) I've got a pumpkin bread recipe that I just LOOOVE adding raisins in to :-)
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about nuts. I don't mind raisins, but but nuts in something baked like cookies and it just ruins the experience for me. Especially the cursed walnut. They're fine otherwise, but in baked goods, not so much.
  • WickedDancerr
    WickedDancerr Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Funny story. My hubby fav cookie is Oatmeal Raisin. And I wear reading glasses (but did not have them with me at the market)

Can you figure the outcome?

I came home with chocolate chip cookies. Looked like Oatmeail Raisin to me.