question about pain in knee area

Options
To start with I am heavy, down to 224 from 264. For exercise lately I have been doing 15-30 minutes on the treadmill, high incline but speed at 3.5-4 and doing 30DS . I broke my pinky toe so took a 4 days off(still moving around and being active just no set exercise) and went back at it as soon as I could without being in tons of pain. It still hurts but not too bad if I'm careful.

Anyway after doing 30 DS the day before yesterday the back of my knee started hurting. It doesn't hurt to just sit or stand or even walk normally, but every once in awhile I feel like my knee kind of locks and it feels like it's going to break backwards. I don't know how to explain this sorry.

Anyway, I do no have health insurance so I self pay at the dr and really don't want to make a visit to the dr if it's not needed. Has anyone dealt with this before. Did I pull something? Maybe from over compensating on that leg since I have the broke toe on the other foot? Is it a normal "have to get used to the exercise" ache?

I know that opinions/statements on here aren't professional opinions/statements but I thought if maybe someone has experienced it they might be able to save me a trip to the dr and probably a whole lotta cash :)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    WOW that is a broad injury, Anything from runners knee (doubtful) through torn ACL or Meniscus Tear. I only say ACL cause you say it feels like it is going to break backwards. If you were to ever have a reason to go to the Dr this would be it.
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    thanks for the quick reply. I was afraid of that. Grrr....dr's are expensive.

Thanks again
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your injury, You could do RICE (Rest, ICE, Compression and Elevation) for a few days before you go but I would be concerned with the pain being in the back of the knee and you saying its locking up.