Why do people think it's okay to do this ?

Options
k900
k900 Posts: 140 Member
Why do people think it's okay to make very rude comments to a overweight person ? To their face or online ?

I have never had this happen to me that i am aware of but honestly even though i am not that big it wouldn't surprise me if someone has said something behind my back. If someone is that overweight I'm sure they are aware of it and the last thing they need is someone being a *kitten* to them. I don't think i am too sensitive on this subject i think allot of people are *kitten*.

I also find it funny that half the time when i see someone do this the person making the comment isn't that fit themselves. Example - my male coworker who has a beer belly himself making rude comments about a woman who was a bit bigger after she left our office.

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Why do people think it's ok to make fun of someone w/ down syndrome? Autism, physical disabilities, being too skinny, it can go on and on. Lots of people do it b/c they are jerks, some make themselves feel better, some have no social filter and don't know how rude it is. And probably many of them know it's not ok but do it anyway. Such is the world we live in. Some day try and notice how many don't say anything or say something positive instead of dwelling on the douchbags.