I'm No Skipper

Options
I had to skip breakfast for a meeting this morning and on my way back to the office (lunch time) I stopped and got a burger and fries from Wendy's. I scarfed them down in record time. The sad thing is when I was driving to Wendy's I was thinking of ordering one of their half salads - but when I got to the window I lost all composure.
Tonight we're having a light dinner and I plan to work out - so I'm trying not to beat myself up about it. I had gone almost 6 weeks with no fast food at all and that just went right out the window because I skipped breakfast.

If I ever get into intermittent fasting I will have to make sure my first meal after the fast is planned and still healthy. I know nothing about fasting. . . the only thing I know is that I lose all will power at the first sight of food.

I will have to make sure I at least have a power bar in my purse at all times for cases like this.

Can anyone else give me other tips on how to avoid these situations? How do you handle it when you're so hungry, you're ravenous?

Replies

• MommaMeatus
    MommaMeatus Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't beat yourself up too badly about it. You said it yourself you had to skip breakfast so the amount of calories oyu probably consumned on the wendy's may have actually equated to the amount you normally would have spent on those 2 meals - breakfast AND lunch. Sometimes you have to live a little, remember everything in moderation even moderation. Sometimes a cheat day (within reason) is good for your metabolism. Tomorrow start fresh :)
  • marissah2005
    marissah2005 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Actually - I still have enough calories for a good dinner and a light snack after the workout. That makes me feel good.

I guess the first step is recognizing the problem. I won't be completely skipping breakfast anymore. I'm sure it's just as easy to grab an apple or a power bar and go. Instead fo starving myself all day.

Earlier I had to go take a walk becuae I became so lethargic after lunch that I was falling asleep at my desk. Now I have a headache.

I'm pretty sure I won't be doing that again anytime soon.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I used to do the same thing.

To avoid that, I just don't go to fast food places at all. No desire to really. You know how people say "you never regret a workout"? Well I've found that "You never feel good about yourself after fast food". True for me anyway.

You mentioned you were thinking about getting a salad when you were driving there. So in that case, I think the best option is to swing by a grocery store or deli with a salad bar. I understand you may have been in a hurry, but with U-Scans and "Under X amount of items" lines, it's so easy to get in and out of the store when only purchasing one item. Sometimes even faster than waiting in lines at food places. And the salads are usually better. It also eliminates that option of ordering something you know you shouldn't have. Just get in, get what you planned to get, and get out.

That's what I do when I forget to bring a lunch or am out & about and get hungry.
  • Tanimom
    Tanimom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Frankly, I like the salads at Wendy's so much, the burgers are no temptation for me. I order extra salad dressing. Then I use 1/2 a packet on the 1/2 salad and have extra for salads I make at home that are similar to the ones there. I've become a salad nut!!!