Down today, not weight just me

Options
Today, for some reason, has been very hard for me. I have kept to my plan since August 24-35 when I started and I have lost 6 pounds so far. I really want to go out for dinner, like really, really bad. That's all I have been thinkning about for the past few days.

Should I just do it and move on?

Replies

• Cathleen77
    Cathleen77 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! Go out to dinner.

You have to treat yourself every now and again. Just be sensible. Maybe stay away from deep fried foods and the desserts and perhaps opt for water. Other than that, order whatever you want and enjoy it. I sugegst a nice pasta! Your body wants it! So treat it.

Wake up tomorrow morning, and start out fresh.

My advice to you - just because your going out to dinner and perhaps getting off your routine, don't let it affect you. By that I mean, don't wake up tomorrow morning and be like "well ****, I've screwed up, I might as well just start over on Monday". No matter what you eat tonight, wake up tomorrow morning, and continue on with eating well and making yourself into a better, healthier person.

Good Luck!
  • banks89202
    Options
    You shouldn't deprive yourself of something your craving, that will just make you want to quit. I wanted a chocolate chip cookie yesterday and guess what I ate 3!! Yes, I was ashamed for doing it lol but I was still under my calorie goal.
  • SopranogirlCa
    SopranogirlCa Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thank you fellow NBer. I feel better already. I know it's ok to treat myself but I have so much weight to lose... I jsut don't want to mess it up. I had already planned to go to the gym tomorrow morning so I am keeping to it.

Thanks for the advice!
  • TamMcNULTY
    TamMcNULTY Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One more piece of advice that helps me. Eat a little something healthy before you go out to dinner. It will help you not to be starving when you get there and you will make better choices off the menu.
  • banks89202
    Options
    One more piece of advice that helps me. Eat a little something healthy before you go out to dinner. It will help you not to be starving when you get there and you will make better choices off the menu.

I agree! Also this made me think about what I do when I go out to eat, I drink a whole glass of water before I eat. It seems to help me eat less and feel full faster.
  • Sarahkov12
    Sarahkov12 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    One of the great joys of life us treating yourself now and then. Go to dinner skip the bread or appetizer and drink unsweetened tea or water. The biggest trick to treating yourself is not letting it get you off track. It's one meal... It doesn't have to be all or nothing! And enjoy yourself :)
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    Yeah, do it!! You deserve to treat yourself once in a while :)
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else- do it! It's easy to stay on track if you're still eating the things you enjoy within reason. If I know I'm going out to dinner, I pre-log what I'm going to eat that day and fit it into my calories/fat/carbs for the day.

Today my boss ordered pizza and I still had a slice for lunch, I just logged it before I ate it so I KNEW eating that second slice would "ruin" my intake for the day. I didn't have 3 like I used to though which is where the big difference is. Enjoy your food and make this a lifestyle change. Something you can stick with forever. :)
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love getting on MFP and seraching for the name of whichever place I am planning on going to and look through ALLLL of the options. I start by finding the LOWEST cal items, and then look at what I would love more than anything else......It really helps me a lot to plan before hand. Then I don't even consider it a cheat :~)
  • swmann
    Options
    Definitely go!
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    From the very beginning when I started MFP, I decided that this is not a life change but an adjustment to MY lifestyle. My life includes chocolate, cakes, ice cream, wine, beer, and going out to dinner. So I still eat all those foods and go out almost every weekend. But I plan for it. I either workout before or go to the places where I know that I will have some healthy options. And if I really , really want something not so healthy - I have it. I also allow myself to go somewhat over my calorie limit on weekends. You need to live your normal life and eat what you like. Just have a little less of it, or not as often. It is OK if the weight does not come off too fast. Even if you lose one or two pounds a month you are still losing. So you will be your desirable weight in a year not a month. Think about how long it took you to put it on. But in the process you will learn how to eat and live a healthy lifestyle. If you deny yourself too many thing - you will soon quit.
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Go out to dinner. Tomorrow is a new day!!! Have fun and enjoy.
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    YES!!

Go out to dinner! Have a life! Do what you need to do to make this fitness journey something you can keep with for the rest of your life, or your just setting yourself up for failure. You NEED to enjoy yourself. You NEED to know that life's little pleasures aren't gone -- they're still there, but in somewhat more reasonable forms. If you go over by a few hundred -- or even a a couple thousand -- calories today, just get back to the grindstone tomorrow. Those extra calories will go away over the coming days. But your mood and your awareness of how you can really, truly live a good life while still keeping healthy will stay with you for a heck of a lot longer.

Love yourself. And when the waiter comes with the bread basket, tell him he can take it right on back to the kitchen. :laugh:
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. If not, it will bother you until you do. Just go, be smart in what you order, and move on.

If you think you're going to feel guilty, workout a little extra today.
  • allnaday
    allnaday Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    go to dinner......you will find you make good choices once you are there.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Go and enjoy. Don't look at it as slipping or a failure, but use it as an opportunity to practice eating healthy in a public setting. A poster above had a great idea about looking up menu items ahead of time and planning things out.

Don't worry if you go over for the day a few hundred calories, as your goal is a deficit that may be that much or more. If you do go over, try to balance it out a bit tomorrow with some more exercise.

I eat out 5-10 times a week probably, more if I am traveling.
  • JessicaJaynesBruno
    Options
    GO!! If not, you will end up bingeing on worse food. Go out to dinner and order something semi-healthy but still what you want, whatever satisfies your cravings. You will feel fulfilled and ready to go right back to your super healthy meal plan.
  • LADYDEBORAH1984
    LADYDEBORAH1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hun, i was on mfp for 2 weeks lost 9 lb then it was my hubbys birthday so went out for italian (huge pizza and tiramisu for pud and glass of wine) my sister came over from america so we all went out for an indian meal, i had a macdonalds meal with my mum and a chinese (on different days). we went to camden town and i had a huge spring roll, chinese meal and a mexican meal (lots of ethnic food stalls there) then on my anniversary i went out for an italian again (goats cheese starter and another huge pizza) in the noon time then went out with the family for a meal that evening cos my sister was flying back to america the next day. i had rocky road sundae for dessert and a couple of glasses of wine. That week i didnt put any weight on, obviously im not saying be greedy like me but dont feel guilty about going out for a nice dinner, perhaps have a ham salad for lunch or something like that which is low in fat and calories then you wont feel so guilty when you go out for dinner. dont worry, all the weight you just lost wont just re appear after one nice meal xxx