Calories and Strength training?

Options
Hi....I'm Kati and I'm new to this site. Today I strength trained for 30 minutes and ran for 20 minutes...does anyone know why calories burnt only reflect "cardiovascular" exerscise and not strenghth? Thanks!! Have a good Monday!

Replies

• katijean29
    Options
    Hi....I'm Kati and I'm new to this site. Today I strength trained for 30 minutes and ran for 20 minutes...does anyone know why calories burnt only reflect "cardiovascular" exerscise and not strenghth? Thanks!! Have a good Monday!
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I really haven't a clue but had wondered about that myself since I do mix up my strength training with my cardio to increase the effects of both. Maybe this would be a question best asked of Mike, the webmaster.

Bob
  • DADDYZGIRL
    DADDYZGIRL Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    :smile: good morning,I know that i enter strength training...try entering circuit trining...:happy:
    and by the way! Welcome!!!! :drinker: :heart:
    God Bless You,
    Stella
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    if you go to self.com and track your exercise they will tell you how many calories you burnt with strength training.
  • DADDYZGIRL
    DADDYZGIRL Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    ok, its me again,, its 116 calories for 30 mins.....:wink::smile:
    stella
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    If you input weight training under cardio it will give you the calories burned
  • katijean29
    Options
    Fabulous! Thanks!!
  • markfloyd
    markfloyd Posts: 69
    Options
    This site has the numbers if you look them up. You can also go to www.bodybuilding.com and they have the totals in time and by individual exercise.
  • tjblack
    tjblack Posts: 122
    Options
    but remember to be careful. It depends on how fast you do the sets/reps.