Any other really tall women out there?

Options
I'm 5'11'' so my weight is bigger, my calorie intake is bigger...everything is just...bigger aha. My goal weight is higher than many people's midway and that can be discouraging from a mental standpoint. How much I weigh is a HUGE number and it's partially because I'm taller...Anyone out there feel like I do?

Replies

• VanillaBone
    VanillaBone Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Yeah, there's even a couple of groups for us! Tall women, and I think Totally Tall Women.

I'm 5"11 also, and I'm currently hovering at 155, just a few pounds from goal weight. It's the skinniest I've ever been and people are like "You can't weigh that much!" :laugh:
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm not quite as tall as you (just shy of 5'10") but have a larger frame. It can be discouraging to see some poeple's starting weight as my goal weight, but i'm gonna focus on how i look, not the number. Good luck!
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    Options
    I'm there with you. I'm 5' 10" and I have the same problem. My goal weight is 165. But, I worry that though I'm tall, I have a small frame. I hope that I look good at that weight. But, I get you. People look at me and tell me that I'm wasting away. I'm still well into the 200's with 67 pounds to go.
  • GruntWife27
    Options
    I'm 6'2 1/2 " and I'm at 188- i was trying to look up what is a range i should be shooting for?
    I was 160 in high school but I have since had three children. I just want to know what a good goal weight would be? I feel like my goal of 160 might be unrealistic.
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11'' so my weight is bigger, my calorie intake is bigger...everything is just...bigger aha. My goal weight is higher than many people's midway and that can be discouraging from a mental standpoint. How much I weigh is a HUGE number and it's partially because I'm taller...Anyone out there feel like I do?

It's funny, because I'm 5'10 1/2 and I'm bigger too. I'm proportionate and also have a smaller calorie count at 1600. I can hardly get it all in. I feel like I'm eating all day. I'm working on it though.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10.25" with broader hips/shoulders so I can carry extra weight like champ. My goal weight is 170, but I'm less concerned with that number than I am with lowering my BF%. It can definitely be hard to NOT compare yourself to others, but you just gotta focus on what looks good on you!
  • purplepenguins7
    purplepenguins7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", but I'm the shortest in my family! My sister is 5'10" and my brother is 6'7". Both my parents are taller than me too. I have a totally different body type from them and carry my weight in my hips and butt and have a large chest. They both have thinner legs and always look slimmer than me just because of my body shape. My sister always annoyed me when she'd weigh more than me but wear a smaller size or look slimmer. I feel like my perception of weight is totally thrown off by my family!
  • Rodderick89
    Rodderick89 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 23, 5 ft 10, 188lbs and would like initially to goal for 161.

Anyone with similar stats who would like to track together? :)
  • KimLovesDon
    KimLovesDon Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", but I'm the shortest in my family! My sister is 5'10" and my brother is 6'7". Both my parents are taller than me too. I have a totally different body type from them and carry my weight in my hips and butt and have a large chest. They both have thinner legs and always look slimmer than me just because of my body shape. My sister always annoyed me when she'd weigh more than me but wear a smaller size or look slimmer. I feel like my perception of weight is totally thrown off by my family!
    I'm 5'8"as well! And I'm the shortest in my family! My two sisters are 5'10" and 5'11";my two brothers are 6'2" and 6'7"! My parents were taller than me as well. I think I must be a throwback or something.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Im 6' with legs up to THERE!!! ..shoulders out to THERE!!!.......no butt...no hips...but a tummy that more than makes up for it unfortunately. My twin is barely 5'4 yet my younger brother is 6'10. Go figure

Mamasaid_zpscf180170.jpg
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options

You have to see the world differently because you are! Don't focus on the number.......focus on the look you want.