Hi I'm Sam, I am new to this, going to try to get to my goal

samb
samb Posts: 464 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! I am new to this website; I found it on my iphone and am excited to be able to fully keep track of everything. I am only about 5' tall so my weight goal is now approximately 100 lbs and 14% body fat (I am at ~111 right now). I am going to try to do this with P90X, which by the way so far seems to be a very effective workout. I have also created a couple workout routines other than P90X, from magazines and other sources. In addition, I am cutting back on the calories because I need to get to my goal fast because I have my first photo shoot on January 9th, which is only 12 days away! I don't expect to get to my weight goal by then but I am going to try my hardest and dedicate most of my time to exercising until I get to that point so I can finally be confident with myself. Just wanted to say hi and let everyone know what I am trying, what is everyone else doing to try to get to their goals & has it been effective?

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Hey! We have similar goals, except I'm aiming for a slightly higher body fat at 19%. I'll have to reach 111-115 lbs for that; I'm hoping to reach 19% at 115 lbs, because that would mean minimal muscle mass loss. I am also 5'0. :smile: Do you have any plans for carb cutting/loading before your shoot to look nice and full? What is it for? I have seen and heard a lot of success stories with P90X. I prefer a gym setting over in-home workouts so I haven't tried it myself, but many people on the site have. Good luck!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Welcome to the site! Make sure you don't cut your calories below 1200 especially since your workouts will be very intense, good luck!!

~Leash :heart:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Welcome to the site! Make sure you don't cut your calories below 1200 especially since your workouts will be very intense, good luck!!

~Leash :heart:

I second that! I work out 1.5-2 hrs a day and I'm trying to stay at 1400, but at times I feel pretty $hitty. I could never maintain 1200 cal/day. I'll bump up to 1500 if I'm feeling really run-down.
  • samb
    That is definitely a good goal. I have set my goals, however I am not positive if they are completely realistic yet because I do not have a real body fat scale or monitor so I am not positive what my current body fat is. I am going to try for the weight goal until I can buy one of the weight watchers body fat scales or something along those lines. I found some on ebay and amazon for only 25$, just waiting to catch up with money from all of the holidays. I am still learning about nutrition and exercise, though I have learned a decent amount. But I am still not quite sure how everything works. Do you have any suggestions for looking thin but fit for the photoshoot? The shoot is for the Campus Girls breast cancer calendar competition. First I have to post photos then people vote, and then hopefully I will be chosen for the shoot for the actual calendar. I am looking forward to it because I have always wanted to model, but never in ways that most places would want you to, so I like this because it is for a good cause, which I am always up for helping with. I am similar, P90X is kind of hard to stick to only because it is at home, but at the same time I had difficulty with the gym setting because for 1 I am kind of shy, for 2 I don't always know what is effective and for 3 I absolutely hate driving there which usually kept me from going lol. But I do like P90X because although I don't necessarily have support right by me, I can look like an idiot and not care haha. And thanks for the tips on the calories. According to this website I am only supposed to consume about 1200 calories a day total, so I am trying to keep it around 1100 just because I want to cut out some, but most days I end up still eating 1200. I don't want to starve myself but I do want to get to my goal a little quicker. I am trying to use the calories wisely by eating a lot of fiber and protein to keep myself full and build muscle. I haven't been cutting carbs too much cuz I need them for energy since I barely ever have energy, but I am trying to watch them and not consume too too much to in turn make me tired. I am a vegetarian so a lot of the foods I eat - vegetables, fruit, etc do not have a whole lot of calories, so I guess I am kind of lucky there in a way. Plus I am really busy usually so I often forget to eat and have to remind myself, cuz I know it can slow down my metabolism.
  • samb
    Sorry for such a long response, I didn't realize!
This discussion has been closed.