Its been a rough day

Okay seeing as I can't sleep I will update you all on today's excitement. Got to the hospital for 7:30 this morning, taken to theatre about 1 o'clock, back on the ward by 3pm. Result I had a "bucket-handle" tear to my cartilage which they tidied up & a completely ruptured Anterior Cruciate Ligament that I've been hobbling around on for 6 months since I busted it playing badminton. I'm in a considerable amount of pain at the moment, can't walk too well and my knee looks like a baboon's *kitten* (bright blue and 3 times the size it should be) Since June I've worked my *kitten* off to start to get my health & fitness better, this is merely a temporary blip I will be back in the gym 3 times a week and swimming 5 times a week sooner rather than later but for now today has not been a good day.

Replies

• alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Feel better soon!!!
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    So sorry. That sucks. Sit and be fit? Lol

Really though, hope you mend up quickly so you can get back to it! :flowerforyou:
  • Yikes!!
    Wishing you a speedy recovery. Rest that leg.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Yes, feel better soon, and you seem to have a good, positive attitude to the situation which will get you through.