Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

To eat or not to eat?

Hunger pangs... do you eat if you have them even if it's been just like maybe 2 hours since you last had something to eat.

Replies

• Yes, I eat. 2 hours is typical for me actually.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Yes, I have a hard boiled egg, some cottage cheese, some almonds, a banana or some greek yoghurt if I get hunger pangs.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Yes, its better to eat a controlled mini snack or meal rather than going overboard later because you are beyond hungrey.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    The reason I ask is that I always eat breakfast and lunch but usually never get hunger pangs but the last few days they are running amuck!
    I can't seem to go more than 2 hours with having them anymore.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    It really depends... if you are only eating a few hundred calories each time you eat, it is normal to be ready for your next meal/snack in just a few hours. If you are eating a larger meal and you are still getting hungry very quickly, you may need to eat foods that are more satiating. Healthy fats, lean proteins, minimally processed grains and veggies are usually pretty good for feeling full longer.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    I have to eat every 2-3 hours. It is truly the only way my body feels satisfied - and the only way I can stay on track is keeping my body satisfied.

So I have a 300-400 calorie lunch and 2 hours later I have a 200 calorie snack...and so on. Almonds, cottage cheese, veggies, all good snack stuff!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    I also eat every 2-3 hours I have 6 meals a day. 3 main meals and 3 snacks. I am hungrier mid morning I eat breakfast about 7am and by the time I get back from the school run I am hungry again. I also eat just before bed I couldn't go to bed hungry I would never sleep
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Yes, its better to eat a controlled mini snack or meal rather than going overboard later because you are beyond hungrey.

^^ this, which was one of the reasons I put on all the weight in the first place as sometimes I'd only eat once a day.

However if I start getting hungry all the time then I look at what I'm eating and anything else that could cause the hunger (more exercise, hormones etc). Also sometimes I find I'll get extra hungry then come down with a bug/virus a couple of days later.
  • MamaWalkingBear
    MamaWalkingBear Posts: 49 Member
    Yep, I keep single serving packets of salmon and rye crackers in my desk at work just for the afternoon pangs. They always seem to happen around 3pm.
  • The reason I ask is that I always eat breakfast and lunch but usually never get hunger pangs but the last few days they are running amuck!
    I can't seem to go more than 2 hours with having them anymore.

how much are you eating?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    No. I normally try to drink some water first,and that does the trick most of the time. Hunger pangs aren't always a sign of being hungry, it could also mean that your body is thirsty. Idk how much water you're drinking in a given day, but next time, give that a try. If they don't go away within about 10 minutes after drinking the water, go ahead and eat something.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Yes I eat when I'm hungry, otherwise I get terrible headaches and dizziness.
    If you feel hungry, but you have already had a big meal, try some carrots or apples, they'll fill you up!
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    for me, 2 hours is a long time after eating! i'm usually hungry after an hour, haha. it depends on where i am/what i'm doing - BUT if i'm at home or at work with healthy snacks, i will eat. i try not to ever deprive myself because that would send me off the wagon and i'd probably end up binging sooner or later.
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    No, if I ate every time I was hungry, I would be overweight again. I can have a meal with protein and complex carbs and 2 hours be hungry again. I have a much larger appetite than my husband.. Going hungry for a while is not harmful and the feeling will go away. I fast 2 days a week and know that I just have to ignore the hunger signals.