I'm kind of scared. No one to talk to.

Options
I only ate like 400 calories today and I haven't been all that hungry to eat more.. I feel so bloated. This has been happening for the past week or so. I'm kind of scared. Not going to lie. I have an appointment with a Gastroenterologist next week.. so.
I'm also probably going to hit the gym tonight and burn at least 300 calories of what I ate today. I have a horrible relationship with food and I'm scared I'm going in a downward spiral.

Replies

• mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm now scared too. I don't think you'll make it to the gastroenterologist. I see you passing out at the gym tonight and ending up in emergency. Do you have friends and family you could call RIGHT NOW for support.

Is there a person at the gym you could talk to? Sometimes they have people with health training available.
  • morenaguapa
    morenaguapa Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Please don't go to the gym. Just relax and write down the name of four people who care about you--now call one of them and tell them what's going on. We all need you to be okay.
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Please don't go to the gym. Just relax and write down the name of four people who care about you--now call one of them and tell them what's going on. We all need you to be okay.

that is a sweet idea....
  • ebonycsm
    Options
    Always somebody out there to talk to, you just have to be careful who you choose. Follow your instincts, but be careful. You'll be fine. . . :smile:
  • gangstaxkel
    gangstaxkel Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Yeah there are people that I can talk to. But they normally just shrug me off, they don't really see that I have a problem, They think I'm just doing this for attention. But I'm not. I'm scared, thats why I made that appointment cause I've been having other heath issues as well.

I've been going to the gym like this for the past month or so. Not eating much/ burning it off. I haven't been even slightly dizzy or uncomfortable.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Absolutely do not go burn off any of those paltry 400 calories!
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Call a distress/crisis/help line in your city. They will listen to you and might be able to steer you towards additional help.
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    You clearly have a problem. I look at this post as an attempt to get attention. You clearly have a problem. Don't waste your time going to a gastrointerologist. Find someone who specializes in eating disorders. You look extremely skinny in your profile picture. You aren't the first young lady that has used the discussion forums as a platform to bring attention to themselves....by letting everyone know about how few calories you are eating, how many calories you need to burn through exercise, and fear of feeling fat/ bloated. Please get some help.
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Chronic food allergies made me feel bloated and hate eating to the point where I nearly developed an ED. I think you should still see a gastroenterologist, but you should also look into therapy to work on having a healthy relationship with food. See your primary care doctor about having an allergy panel run on your blood as well. Feel free to add me if you're looking for support. Take care of yourself and get the help you need.
  • ryanalexiscoen
    Options
    Do you eat alot of wheat? Bread, pasta. If you do you could be sensitive to wheat/ or gluten. it can make you feel very bloated. Try not eating it for a week or two. It bothered me so i dont eat much of it anymore
  • stillthesamegirl
    stillthesamegirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You clearly have a problem. I look at this post as an attempt to get attention. You clearly have a problem. Don't waste your time going to a gastrointerologist. Find someone who specializes in eating disorders. You look extremely skinny in your profile picture. You aren't the first young lady that has used the discussion forums as a platform to bring attention to themselves....by letting everyone know about how few calories you are eating, how many calories you need to burn through exercise, and fear of feeling fat/ bloated. Please get some help.

You are ridiculous. How would you have any idea whether she is doing this for attention or not. So judgmental of you to say the things you did when she obviously needs support. It really bother me when people make assumptions about other people's lives when they don't know the person personally.
  • KodiakAndrea
    Options
    you need help now! call a friend. there is an app called recovery record. it is free Download it NOW and start using it!!!!! My daughter does this too. She finally checked herself into a treatment program. I am NOT judging you or trying to diagnose you as I am NOT a doctor, but you need support and help ASAP!!! depending on where you are located there are help lines for you to call.
    You could have food allergies, sensitivitiesm, or something else going on, but whatever it is, that is way too few calories and too much exercise. Something needs to change.
  • iluminadaonix
    iluminadaonix Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Take it easy- call your mother, sisters just call a family. Pray to God and know that you are a valuable beautiful girl. Love yourself.
  • Khymera
    Options
    Call this number right now:

1-314-588-1683

It's a 24-hour eating disorder hotline. They may be able to refer you for treatment on your area.
  • banks89202
    Options
    400 calories is not enough to keep your body going, I had an eating disorder a few years back and I had to go to the ER for having heart palpitations, also if you are trying to lose weight fast this way, not a good idea I gained back all I lost and some more.

Please seek help
  • gangstaxkel
    Options

You are ridiculous. How would you have any idea whether she is doing this for attention or not. So judgmental of you to say the things you did when she obviously needs support. It really bother me when people make assumptions about other people's lives when they don't know the person personally.

Thank you. I thought this site was here for support. I don't have support in my life. My parents aren't always there and my friends shrug me off. I didn't post this message to call for attention. I don't WANT to be like this. I don't not eat cause I think it's "cool" or "trendy". I don't eat cause I'm always bloated and nauseated. But thank you for your support. I'm trying to get better. That's why I made myself that appointment. I know something is wrong, and I don't want to be like this.
  • blueeylb
    blueeylb Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i agree please don't go to the gym! i ould do what the one person said call your local crisis center please get help !!
    take that nimber that Khymera gave out 1-314-588-1683!!
  • gangstaxkel
    Options
    I will call, thank you.
  • vodkoffee
    vodkoffee Posts: 160 Member
    Options

Thank you. I thought this site was here for support. I don't have support in my life. My parents aren't always there and my friends shrug me off. I didn't post this message to call for attention. I don't WANT to be like this. I don't not eat cause I think it's "cool" or "trendy". I don't eat cause I'm always bloated and nauseated. But thank you for your support. I'm trying to get better. That's why I made myself that appointment. I know something is wrong, and I don't want to be like this.

You might want to look into the Gaps Diet Protocol, as you really do seem to have symptoms of food intolerance. Their diet protocol works on helping digestive healing. It has helped some people I've met through food allergy/intolerance communities. www.gapsdiet.com. A gastroenterologist will treat your symptoms, but he might not get at the root of the problem.