Just not Thirsty....(problems with water intake)

Options
My water intake sucks. I am rarely thirsty and very quickly forget that I NEED to drink half my body weight in ounces each day. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? Tips?

Edit: When I say I am not thirsty, I mean my mouth is always moist, I can eat meals without water (not all the time) and there really is no DESIRE for water/liquid of any kind. It sounds so weird, because I KNOW I am supposed to drink, supposed to be thirsty, supposed to DO THESE THINGS on a constant basis, but I FORGET....

Replies

• PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    If your urine is light yellow, almost clear or clear then you are hydrated enough. That is the first question to answer.
  • KodiakAndrea
    Options
    I am not always thirsty either, but I drink 128 oz of water every day sometimes more. I didn't use to. I trained myself to do it. My daughter gave me a water bottle and wrote stuff on it with label tapes. saying that I am loved, 60-70% of the body is water don't deny yourself the contents of this bottle and other stuff. I added flavor to it to start, but now I drink it plain. I challenge myself to drink so much before lunch, or take a sip or two after each task I do at work. I have it by my wherever I am at work. I really miss it on the weekends, but I have another one at home, it just isn't as motivational...
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    You might like this:)
    Big glass jar (like from marinara sauce...mine is over 26oz)
    Fill with ice
    Fill with sparkling mineral water (my fav is S. Pellegrino)
    Add juice of lemon
    Add lemon slice, sliced strawberry, a couple frozen blackberries, etc
    Sweeten with stevia extract, if desired.

Enjoy jar, after jar, after jar......:drinker:
  • jessno7
    Options
    were can i find these type of jar i have a gallon pitcher would that work. i really don't like fruit like lemon, strawberry, or blue berry so how can i find a way of drinking water that isn't out of the tap. i'm really not found of that because it taste like sewage and i prefer not to drink it. i mostly drink soda but not diet soda. how can i break that habit too.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    were can i find these type of jar i have a gallon pitcher would that work. i really don't like fruit like lemon, strawberry, or blue berry so how can i find a way of drinking water that isn't out of the tap. i'm really not found of that because it taste like sewage and i prefer not to drink it. i mostly drink soda but not diet soda. how can i break that habit too.
    Regarding your question about breaking your soda habit, start a thread.....
    Regarding the jar...use an ex-marinara sauce jar
    Regarding tap water....use sparkling mineral water:)
    And You can use your choice of fruit..fresh or frozen:)
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    Set an alarm for every 15 minutes.....then chug a cup. Try Crystal light or lemon to give it a little taste. :drinker:
  • SaltyFrog75
    Options
    I've heard some people mistake thirst for hunger, so that could be the case with you. I just keep a water bottle with me all day and sip through out the day. It is a habit I made myself acquire. :)