Blood Pressure Monitor Recommendations

CrystalT
CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
My doctor has been after me to buy a home blood pressure monitor since he put me on meds for high blood pressure. Not being health conscience at the time, I didn't buy one then. My BP has been under control (with meds) for a long time now, so I haven't worry about it. When I went for my last check up, my blood pressure was low enough that my doctor made sure I knew the symptoms of having blood pressure that is too low. Of course, 2 months later his #1 symptom emrges, orthostatic hypotension. I get dizzy almost every time I stand up. I'm getting really annoyed at having to let my blood pressure get back to normal before I can walk after I stand up. I think need to start monitoring my BP so I can "help my doctor help me" as he would say.

Anyway, basically I was just needing to know a good, reliable, inexpensive home blood pressure monitor. Please let me know if you have and advice.

Replies

• sandra400
    sandra400 Posts: 51 Member
    costco sells a model omeron bp moniter that you can upload the info to your computer and print out for your dr visits. i love it.
    also have a blood sugar moniter with the same capabilites and just love it so easy to keep track of vital info and easy for the dr to read.
This discussion has been closed.