Bloating on Menstrual period? Looking huge

Options
Does anybody else get ridiculously bloated when they are on their period? It is ridiculous. I came home and my mom said it looked like I had gained all the weight back. >.<

Replies

• tyraskanks_
    Options
    My face is also very bloated. I look like I have a giant double chin I did not have last week.
  • IMElektra
    IMElektra Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I get bloated even before to the point someone said I was pregnant. With the fat layers on top of it, it does not help.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    omg. I have the worst "pregnancy" belly.Since that is where I tend to put on most of my fat.
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    Yes! The bloating is enough to make me a cranky B*TCH!
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I had eight pounds of bloating this month...
    I was not a happy girl when I got on that scale...
    Thankfully 7 of the 8 pounds are gone.
    In three days.

Yah body, that makes perfect sense.
  • Marlo2012
    Marlo2012 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    UGH!!! Yes!!! It's the worst!! Just know that it's normal and we all ( or at least most of us) go through it! :flowerforyou:
  • JNJN25
    Options
    I usually gain 5 to 6 pounds and on the 5th day I drop down to my starting weight.
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Yes! I get the pregnant look also!
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism. I have PCOS. I have had my gallbladder taken out.... yeah. I have a triple wammy "OMG ARE YOU PREGNANT?" belly.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    But it's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

Does anyone get awful food cravings when they're on their monthly? I crave carbs up the hizzouse. Lol.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I bloat up about 4-6 lbs :( and the WHOLE week before <plus the first day or two> I want sweet or salt, and red meat. I mean like RARE red meat...its almost all I can think about. Sweet cravings aren't too bad...but man I get the salt cravings like you wouldn't believe. I have been known to just lick the salt off of pretzels before <I hate hard pretzels btw>, or to go after chips and fries. I tend to not go after sweets as much, every so often I will get a killer craving for ice cream <Dairy Queen> just before my period starts.
  • tyraskanks_
    Options
    I wonder if guys even have this many problems to deal with. lol
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Yup. I don't weigh and measure myself at TOM, would be too depressing ;-)
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Yes totally got this just now. Gained 5lb water weight. Waist from 31 to 36 and belly a whopping 43 i look at least 6months pregnant lol. And Im seeing the in laws tonight and i look fatter than when i last saw them despite losing a stone since then. So annoying!!!
    You are not alone! X
  • redfroggie
    redfroggie Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I bloat up about 4-6 lbs :( and the WHOLE week before <plus the first day or two> I want sweet or salt, and red meat. I mean like RARE red meat...its almost all I can think about. Sweet cravings aren't too bad...but man I get the salt cravings like you wouldn't believe. I have been known to just lick the salt off of pretzels before <I hate hard pretzels btw>, or to go after chips and fries. I tend to not go after sweets as much, every so often I will get a killer craving for ice cream <Dairy Queen> just before my period starts.

Salt and red meat! It's insane the amount of salt I crave. Hubby knows that the time is near when there are steaks in the fridge and cans of pringles everywhere!
  • Leeanne1974
    Leeanne1974 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The other evening I was sitting in the lounge and felt a bit nauseous... Looked down at my belly and it was gigantic. It looked like I had swallowed a massive pumpkin whole.
    I have PCOS so I can't even think "yay period here now the belly will go down". It just went down a bit the next day lol
  • trixiemou
    trixiemou Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    My whole stomache area goes like a water bed, poke it and it just ripples all the way. And that is for at least a week before hand.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    yyep, sometimes I have up to 10lbs of water/bloat weight.... it's awful, but what can ya do?! :(
  • chroniclesofthinoholic
    Options
    Yep that's my Indication TOM is coming home soon :(...: huge belly