Foods from a restaurant...

I own a restaurant, how do I enter my foods on here? For example I had a Brie and arugula salad tonight with a craspberry vinegrette. I'm unsure on how to log something like that in my food journal. Help!

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    It seems to me that if you OWN the restaurant, you would know what ingredients go into the dishes. Build recipes based on the measurements of those ingredients.

It's those of us who eat in restaurants and have no idea what is in the sauces, etc. that have a real problem logging restaurant meals.
  • I know what's in them just not exact measurements. Is there a way you can take pics and it calculates it? I heard that anyway and maybe the is incorrect information.
  • maybe you should talk to your cook.
    or anyone that works in the kitchen im sure someone has to have an idea

and no i dont believe there is a way for you to take pictures of anything and figuring out the size
  • Lulu_nz
    Lulu_nz Posts: 4 Member
    You need to enter the recipes. It is easy enough. I. Would like to think any well organised restaurant cooks to a set recipe otherwise how would you guarantee consistency ?
  • phynyxfyre
    phynyxfyre Posts: 145 Member
    hrmm. Cook could tell you. A serving size (4 oz) of meat is about the size of a deck of cards. Pasta and salad serving size is a half cup. You can approximate those if you cook much. (Talking just the noodles and just lettuce/cabbage/veggies NOT potato salads, etc.) An ounce of cheese is approximately a quarter inch thick by an inch wide by three inches long. A handful (approximately 16 pieces) is a serving size of nuts.

Those are very, very generalized, but you should be able to get a rough figure from that. It is based off the food pyramid guidelines.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    I would certainly hope that your chef can give you a solid guess at measurements/ingredients. IMO, it would be a poor chef that couldn't.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    I used to enter every ingredient religiously. Now I do the same under FOOD ~~> RECIPE section. It's super easy. Log all your ingredients, choose how many servings, save, and you're all set. Good luck.

Be diligent when logging.