Which Holiday treat is YOUR kryptonite?

Options
Halloween's around the corner and I'm seeing mine on the shelves now...Candy corn. If I eat one, then it's a handful, then another, then I'm killing the whole bag. Gah.

Which holiday makes you cringe cuz of the treats you're tempted by?

Mac

Replies

• Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    Divinity! Homemade or those divinity puffs See's sells that are covered in white chocolate with walnuts...Oh my, my heart is racing just thinking about it! Been over 2 years since I've eaten it.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    The Halloween size kit Kat bar, it has only two pieces and I love them so much I often sneak them from my kids bag lol
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Wrong holiday, but Cadbury eggs! I only had one or two this whole Easter season though!

Every other holiday treat pales, but Reese's are decent
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pie. I'd trade a plate of Thanksgiving feast for a big ol plate of pumpkin pie any day
  • helenld1
    helenld1 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Being British for me, Bonfire Night gives way to cinder (like the centre of a Crunchie bar) and bonfire toffee. Love the stuff. Even worse, I learnt to make it myself last year which just leads to a whole world of pain :laugh:

However, you can't get it for that long really so I don't mind the taste when I go and see a big fireworks display.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Halloween isn't as big in the uk (ive never celebrated it). But if there is a reason to celebrate its wine and cocktails for me! It gets easy to deny cake and sweety but you can easily rack up 1000 cals from a few cocktails and glasses of wine!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    So many that the thought alone scares me. I just changed my lifestyle in January so i have not been through a holiday season yet. but here are my tops to avoid this year. Peanutbutter Fudge, Divinity, snickerdoodles, assorted cakes and pies. Thank God Turkey is naturally low calorie. This will be a protein packed holiday season for me.
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of it.

Halloween will have to be something of a cheat day for me. Hey it only comes once a year.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    During Thanksgiving and Christmas - cloverleaf dinner rolls. AND BUTTER. Ah. I'd be forever happy if I could just live on that. And mashed potatoes. With butter. :D
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Halloween's around the corner and I'm seeing mine on the shelves now...Candy corn. If I eat one, then it's a handful, then another, then I'm killing the whole bag. Gah.

Which holiday makes you cringe cuz of the treats you're tempted by?

Mac

Have you tried the Carmel apple Candy Corn, IT IS AMAZING. Wife wanted to try it so we bought a bag, each had one serving then I brought it to work for the scavengers to clean up. but it was really good.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I love this time of year, cause I can buy small portions of my favorite candies. The problem is not going overboard eating the little suckers.

Kit-Kats and Twix are my two favorite. Oh, and dark chocolate. OMFG I love dark chocolate. I don't eat it often, and can eat one piece and be satisfied....sometimes. Starburst and Skittles are my two favorite non-chocolate candies.
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Thanksgiving is def. going to be he a double workout and cheat day lol. How am I not going to eat my mommas homemade stuffing mashed potatoes and turkey (and yes, I like the dark meat, with the skin too lol. I always reserve a leg, luckly for me most of my family likes white meat lol) I'm not going to not have thanksgiving dinner. But I will work out extra, and try to watch my portions. Also I'm not a fan of pumkin pie, so dessert isn't a problem lol
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Peeps
  • scarlettsky7
    scarlettsky7 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    every damn holiday and birthdays, weddings, baby showers, graduations, etc. it never ends w/ the booze and endless buffet style meals. every day it feels like theres a good reason to celebrate. how do people diet in our society?!
  • Josh2040
    Josh2040 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    For me it is Thanksgiving all the way thru New Years, and the treats rang from hot apple pie with cinnimon ice cream, to cookies, to the kegger on New Years. That time of the years just destroys my waistline. In fact I think I work hard all year just to get the weight off just to put it on again. :sad:
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    For Christmas, my grandma will make just plain cruskits with custardcream inside it..
    They are sooo good, but sooo bad.
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Reese's peanutbutter eggs at Easter. I just don't buy them anymore.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    By the holiday:

Cadbury eggs at easter. I just can't go there.
    4th of July - the huge waffle cone of ice cream
    Labor or memorial day - potato salad in much more than a single serving.
    Thanksgiving - the stuffing/dressing with gravy
    Christmas - those cranberry /white chocolate bars at Starbucks. Seriously.

The above things are no longer in my healthy lifestyle plan. They trigger horrible binges...
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I would say all holiday treats are like kyrptonite but the biggest one for me is lemon meringue pie. My mom makes the best pies in the world (personal opinion of course ;) ) and I must say that is my favorite. A very close second is mint holiday pie, mint flavored whipped cream on a graham cracker crust.....yummmmmm!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    So many that the thought alone scares me. I just changed my lifestyle in January so i have not been through a holiday season yet. but here are my tops to avoid this year. Peanutbutter Fudge, Divinity, snickerdoodles, assorted cakes and pies. Thank God Turkey is naturally low calorie. This will be a protein packed holiday season for me.

Great idea… turkey and protein will be my friends as well this holiday season!