100 pounds in 338 days!

Options
pixiesx3
pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
This is so exciting! I started MFP on 10/12/2011. This year has been crazy like many of you who are reading this. Nothing can stop me now. This is way too exciting! I've been through job changes, illness - myself and family, money issues, and more. My father was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma for the 3rd time in May and passed away on August 15, 2012. I know he is proud of me and that helps to inspire me too. I'm telling you this not to feel sorry for me but to hopefully inspire you to keep moving forward despite obstacles and challenges that seem to block your path.

I am a single mother of 3 girls - twins, 12, and a twingle, almost 9. I work part time for our local children's hospital in safety education. As a family and individually, volunteering at church, school and in the community has always been important so we are just busy. Many of you are too.

How did I get started? What was my "ah ha" moment? I went to a new doctor for a check-up. It had been a while and I was starting my new job. I got on the scale and saw 307. My jaw dropped. I am only 5' 3 1/2" !!! How had that happened? Yeah, well we all know that don't we! Anyway, the resident was kind and asked questions. She then said that she was going to have me come back in 2-3 weeks for blood work. And during that 2 weeks she wanted me to write down everything I ate. Hmmmm... So I said, Sure! I will do you one better and be really really good. She told me that she didn't say to do that but just to log what I eat. I'm competitive and I like praise, though. So, I googled around and found MFP that night. I started the next day. I read, reduced portions, walked around the neighborhood here and there for the next 2.5ish weeks. Boy was she surprised when I lost 9lb in those first few weeks! I was pleasantly surprised myself!

Five weeks into this new healthier lifestyle, I realized that walking just wasn't going to be enough to preserve muscle mass. I'd been reading more about being healthier and not just being thinner. So, I decided to research Curves. I liked what I read so I thought I'd give it a try. I was sure that it was going to be so easy that I would just whip around the circuit and maybe go back for a 2nd visit each day. HA HA Well, ladies, if exercise scares you... stop fearing! It is a habit and once formed... well don't look back! I love my workouts at Curves. I get strength and cardio in 30 minutes. I have definitely maintained, built and gotten some definition in my muscles!

There is so much to say but I don't want to bore you! SO, take a look at this picture. I hope it inspires some of you that this is possible to do by simply making better food choices, reducing portion sizes, and exercising. :bigsmile:

So, I am still walking (running at times) on this journey. My destination lies ahead. Often people ask what my goal weight is. I really don't have a number for the scale. Body fat %, yes. But ultimately, I want to be healthier and love (bug) my kids for a long long time to come. And enjoy their kids when that time comes a long long time from now!

I only have this one comparison picture to post today. The picture on the left is from March 2009 at the Grand Canyon. The one on the right is from this Wednesday, September 12, 2012 when I reached my 100 pounds GONE mark! There are more on pictures on my profile. (I am not a very supportive friend at this moment in time but I will answer friend requests if you put a reason in your request.)

11847284_2745.jpg

Replies

• 76nicky
    Options
    great job you have done fantastic!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    awesome job, side note--what's a twingle?
  • pixiesx3
    pixiesx3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    A twingle is a twin-term for a single after twins. It's just a fun way to include the sibling. :)
  • misstori09
    misstori09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful, and I am definitely inspired!
  • singledj
    singledj Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Well done...you look fantastic!! Very inspiring.. thanks for sharing your story/journey with us!
  • banks89202
    Options
    You look GREAT!! Amazing!
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    Congratulations, you have done amazingly well!!!
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks for inspiring us. You look fabulous!!!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! You have proven you are a weight loss winner! Keep it up :smile:
  • dalissalee
    dalissalee Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to you! :)
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    This is so exciting! I started MFP on 10/12/2011. This year has been crazy like many of you who are reading this. Nothing can stop me now. This is way too exciting! I've been through job changes, illness - myself and family, money issues, and more. My father was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma for the 3rd time in May and passed away on August 15, 2012. I know he is proud of me and that helps to inspire me too. I'm telling you this not to feel sorry for me but to hopefully inspire you to keep moving forward despite obstacles and challenges that seem to block your path.

I am a single mother of 3 girls - twins, 12, and a twingle, almost 9. I work part time for our local children's hospital in safety education. As a family and individually, volunteering at church, school and in the community has always been important so we are just busy. Many of you are too.

How did I get started? What was my "ah ha" moment? I went to a new doctor for a check-up. It had been a while and I was starting my new job. I got on the scale and saw 307. My jaw dropped. I am only 5' 3 1/2" !!! How had that happened? Yeah, well we all know that don't we! Anyway, the resident was kind and asked questions. She then said that she was going to have me come back in 2-3 weeks for blood work. And during that 2 weeks she wanted me to write down everything I ate. Hmmmm... So I said, Sure! I will do you one better and be really really good. She told me that she didn't say to do that but just to log what I eat. I'm competitive and I like praise, though. So, I googled around and found MFP that night. I started the next day. I read, reduced portions, walked around the neighborhood here and there for the next 2.5ish weeks. Boy was she surprised when I lost 9lb in those first few weeks! I was pleasantly surprised myself!

Five weeks into this new healthier lifestyle, I realized that walking just wasn't going to be enough to preserve muscle mass. I'd been reading more about being healthier and not just being thinner. So, I decided to research Curves. I liked what I read so I thought I'd give it a try. I was sure that it was going to be so easy that I would just whip around the circuit and maybe go back for a 2nd visit each day. HA HA Well, ladies, if exercise scares you... stop fearing! It is a habit and once formed... well don't look back! I love my workouts at Curves. I get strength and cardio in 30 minutes. I have definitely maintained, built and gotten some definition in my muscles!

There is so much to say but I don't want to bore you! SO, take a look at this picture. I hope it inspires some of you that this is possible to do by simply making better food choices, reducing portion sizes, and exercising. :bigsmile:

So, I am still walking (running at times) on this journey. My destination lies ahead. Often people ask what my goal weight is. I really don't have a number for the scale. Body fat %, yes. But ultimately, I want to be healthier and love (bug) my kids for a long long time to come. And enjoy their kids when that time comes a long long time from now!

I only have this one comparison picture to post today. The picture on the left is from March 2009 at the Grand Canyon. The one on the right is from this Wednesday, September 12, 2012 when I reached my 100 pounds GONE mark! There are more on pictures on my profile. (I am not a very supportive friend at this moment in time but I will answer friend requests if you put a reason in your request.)

11847284_2745.jpg

my jaw just dropped a mile!! still dropped.. omg such a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge awesome sucess you are!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing.. you look great!!! i love that you love exercise too.. so good , so do i!! i power walk (jog at times) and gym classes! zumba/body pump.... good stuff and gr8 stress relief too!!!!!!!!
    congrats.. i love your story also.. (i read it) hehe..
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!! :flowerforyou:
  • xlntrose
    xlntrose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your accomplishments are so inspiring.. thank you for sharing.. you deserve the very best and I'm glad for you, Pixiex3. I hope that you're making sure you experience the joys of every success along the way..
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Awesome success story!! You look amazing! Keep up the good work!
  • Mogs21
    Mogs21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow you are an amazing inspiration - so sorry to hear about your dad - you have done so very well in the face of adversity.:smile:
    Please can you tell me what MFP is?
  • sbowl
    sbowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Mogs21 - MFP is My Fitness Pal
  • Mogs21
    Mogs21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    LOL !!! I just realised - I thought it was a diet I hadn't heard of before so looked it up ... and went round in a circle - feeling ever so slightly 'blonde' but then I am !!!!! I hope it made you laugh too. He he
  • sammyk1975
    sammyk1975 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!