24 lost and CANT see a diff

Options

Replies

• muchadoaboutme2000
    Options
    It took me 60lbs to drop a pant size! I totally feel your pain. I didn't start seeing a huge difference until then and I'm still only down 2 pant sizes at 84lbs gone. Even the tape measure hates me. I know it's just a mental issue, but it's so frustrating! Keep trucking girl, it'll happen. :)
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    When you're around 300 pounds, it can take a little while to see it. I recommend taking pictures. Make sure you get a good picture of your face (not from an angle - take it facing the camera straight-on, like an ID picture). Take photos from every angle of your body too. I take one facing the camera, one from the side, and one from the back. Set the timer or have your fiance help you.

Also, my doctor told me some people lose fat around their organs first and/or in addition to fat lost from more obvious places. This is GOOD. You WANT to lose fat around your organs. This will make you so much healthier in the long run.

I struggled with the same issues a couple days ago, so my boyfriend had me look at my pictures again, and some MFP members suggested I pick up something weighing close to 40 pounds and carry it around for a while.

Think back to 24 pounds ago. Do you feel any different now? Can you stand and walk for longer periods of time? Do your knees feel better? Does your back feel better? All those things add up. :)
  • TattedLiLdiVa
    TattedLiLdiVa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Im actually so glad to see this post. It is exactly what I needed to hear today. Someone at work last night was asking me if I had lost any weight yet from working out and packing my lunch. I was like :((( 21 pounds. No one can tell. I know my clothes are fitting better, but I did think 20 pounds would be like a landmark that people would notice. I realize its not about them, its about me, but honestly I dont notice it by looking either !!

I should have done the pic thing, I keep saying im going to start and I dont do it.

EXACTLY, the pic thing....is kinda like facing the horrid truth.....like the BEFORE pic is the harddest thing to do,..well for me it is and was anyway.. i actually took one a few weeks ago just to see...and im going to document the further progress.. i cant wait to go get mesured for my corsset (under my wedding dress) hopefully i can tell a diff.. me mesuring .. idk how to do that ..lol
  • Shanzstar
    Options
    Hi, 24lbs is so awesome!! I did not read all the other comments so i'm sorry if I repeat something. I wanted to add, I first lose weight on my back first then just a little from various places. So, mine is not so noticable at first either. Good luck!! I bet it will start showing soon.
  • SMJ1987
    SMJ1987 Posts: 368
    Options
    I don't know the timeline but in your main pic your face looks a lot smaller than in the one with the dark bob cut. Sometimes it's hard for people the see you every day to notice the change. I lost 40ish lbs since my heaviest weight and my best friend din't notice until we looked through old pictures. She just said she thought I was perfect all along <3 Which is why she is my bestie. Lol.
  • Iceman1800
    Options
    24# lost from the 300+? I wouldn't expect to see a difference either. It's still a great accomplishment tho so just keep working at it. You've done awesome so far, don't let this discourage you
  • longingforcontrol
    Options
    hmm... but I do see a difference. D=
    comparing the first picture of you with the dark hair and the recent one, you look much smaller. You did amazing!!!
    Congratulations on your success and I hope the next few pounds that you will lose, will bring you lots of compliments from your family and friends. =)
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Has exercise been mentioned?
  • Martina_Who
    Martina_Who Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much you need to lose.
    According to your profile it says you weighed 309lbs which for your height is 150lbs overweight.
    At those numbers it's gonna take time to see the changes you want to see but 24lbs is amazing and I'm sure there is a difference but your just not seeing it which is normal, happens to all of us!
    Weigh yourself, measure yourself, take photos and try on clothes to see how they fit. one of those will show the difference you want to see!

Congrats on 24lbs loss and good luck :)
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss so far.

Your heart and your joints thank you for lightening their load.

Keep up the good work and you and everyone else will be noticing soon.

Good job!

P.S. Reward yourself for a good job so far...maybe a pedicure or a new blouse?
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i'm sort of in the same boat, but just keep going :) you ARE changing your body, and who cares if anyone else notices!
  • TattedLiLdiVa
    TattedLiLdiVa Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES, i exorsise.. i go to the gym atleast 3-4 maybe more a week this past week i havnt i have not been feeling too good.. but yup . i do .. tonight was a BAD night for me ..lol close to going over my cals lol... but i deserved it and ONE day isnt going to kill me ;) well not day .. but lol dinner .. one meal .. but yes.. i love to work out.. :D
  • melodiclyrics
    melodiclyrics Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    First and foremost - congratulations on your loss!

Are you taking progress pictures consistently? I've lost about 20 pounds, and though I can't tell from day to day, I can tell in my day 1 pics vs. my day 90 pics. It's stuff that, because I see myself everyday, it's not that super significant. My sizes are changing, but not as drastically as I would have thought in 20 lbs.

That all being said - I have noticed that pounds matter more as you are smaller. By that I mean, at 218lbs to 198 pounds, the difference is not as significant as if I was, say, perhaps 135 - 115. Do you know what I mean?

Don't get discouraged, you will see the differences! I would start taking pics and measurements at regular intervals so you have solid evidence of your progress aside from the scale. :)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Ive also lost 24 & cant really tell it. I ve measured & lost 31.5 inches.. BUT my clothes are only a tad bit looser... i cant go down a size yet. BLAH. i feel ya... BUT, knowing the scale is going down is enough to keep me going right now! (thank GOD because if it wasnt, i might quit! LOL)

Chin up! Just know you are getting healthier. <3
  • wendymaci
    wendymaci Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I suggest taking progress pics. I'm only down 15 and was getting disappointed in not seeing any changes but I decided to take progress pics to compare them and boy am I glad I did. My back fat is in fact disappearing and my muffin top is definitely shrinking!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Is this a possibility? Did you do your first WI at night, after eating all day, with heavy clothes on? That could have easily added on ten pounds or so...just a thought. :D
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    First off 24lbs is awesome so don't feel down about that accomplishment in any way! Secondly, I know I am a person who CANNOT see when people lose weight. I do not notice at all! On the plus side, I also can't see when people gain weight :wink: You would be surprised at the number of people with this same problem - YOU could be one of them.

Don't worry! You're working hard and as long as you keep up the hard work you will notice it very soon :flowerforyou:
  • ahelsel1970
    ahelsel1970 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Pick up a bowling ball and carry it around for a day. Then you will know how much burden you have taken off your heart and body.
    Do you have before pictures?
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Hi - firstly congratulations on the 24lbs!
    There must be some kind of difference - did you take your measurements at the start, if not do it now - then you have some record of where you are. Take some photos, too - even if it is for your own record!

How tall are you? I think the taller you are, the longer it usually takes to show the weight loss (and also the other way round, if you put a little weight on it doesn't show so much!).

If it helps, I am 5ft 11 and people have only just started to notice in the past couple of days that I have lost weight and it's 30lbs lost!

Stay positive, am sure those comments will come in!

^ THIS :)

Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.

This process takes tremendous patience. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.
  • TammyG39
    Options
    I'm a big girl (over 300), and I had lost weight previously this year, about 24lbs and no one could tell, one or 2 of my jeans did feel a bit looser, but that was it, about 10lbs of that was "water weight". I gave up because I was irritated that I was eating so much less, much better than ever, exercising and nothing!! BUT here I am again.. I gained that weight back, and feel miserable PLUS now I have to lose it all over again... I compared my 24lbs to a few grains of sand on the ocean, but in retrospect, I was feeling better, I didn't get out of breath as easily, set personal working out goals and was proud of myself for attempting to get 'healthy'.

Hang in there!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!