Can you hear me now?

Options

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I've used Stilnox before when I had some major sleeping issues. It's got a bit of a reputation of causing sleep walking and stuff but I tell you, it was a lifesaver at times.

i totally do not want to end up in this predicament
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    i love my zzzquil. That or my painkillers. whichever I have on hand when i'm having a hard time sleeping.
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've used Stilnox before when I had some major sleeping issues. It's got a bit of a reputation of causing sleep walking and stuff but I tell you, it was a lifesaver at times.

i totally do not want to end up in this predicament

The amount of cases is only a small percent and probably well within boundaries however the media, at least here in Australia have been rubbishing and saying it should be taken off the market. It's prescription only of course and I don't think a GP can hand it out.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i love my zzzquil. That or my painkillers. whichever I have on hand when i'm having a hard time sleeping.

why are you taking painkillers, you look really young i would be careful with that ****.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    From my epidural and the fact that i have biggg boobs, my back is messed up. they're prescribed to me by my doctor. Trust me, i have a two year old, i don't take them for fun
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    All I saw was ZzzQuil. I freakin' wanna try that!! I love my NyQuil. It's hella delicious. Yet, I haven't had some in a long while.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    zzzquil is amazing. (:
  • hacker1234
    hacker1234 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    try Melatonin. It's a vitamin, won't do any harma nd it's a natural sleeping aid. My wife started using it and I've tried it and it seems to really help. You need to stay away from painkillers unless you are really in pain....too addcting
  • dallasfloyd
    Options
    I can't hear anyone.. its after 3AM...... lol
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    try Melatonin. It's a vitamin, won't do any harma nd it's a natural sleeping aid. My wife started using it and I've tried it and it seems to really help. You need to stay away from painkillers unless you are really in pain....too addcting
    I am really in pain or my dr wouldn't have given them to me. and the zzzquil is just a sleep aid, melatonin doesn't help me, i've tried it.
  • dinoskycm
    Options
    How come you have issues sleeping? Any reason why?
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely having one of those nights too! It sucks! no one to talk to!! GRR
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

I am really in pain or my dr wouldn't have given them to me. and the zzzquil is just a sleep aid, melatonin doesn't help me, i've tried it.

I just saw you have trouble sleeping...I do too. I have severe PTSD, won't get into details, but I was prescribed Ativan for my panic attacks. If I REALLY REALLY cannot sleep and nothing else is helping me, I take one or two of those and I sleep like a log. Also don't feel like crap in the morning like with a lot of sleep aids.
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options

I just saw you have trouble sleeping...I do too. I have severe PTSD, won't get into details, but I was prescribed Ativan for my panic attacks. If I REALLY REALLY cannot sleep and nothing else is helping me, I take one or two of those and I sleep like a log. Also don't feel like crap in the morning like with a lot of sleep aids.
    I was never diagnosed with PTSD, but I feel that's my issue, I was raped...horrible nightmares all the time. :/ the zzzquil helps me a lot
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    How come you have issues sleeping? Any reason why?

I have some serious nightmares from bad experiences.
    or some nights its because I'm up with my 2 year old and I get over tired and can't sleep.
    Sometimes just plain out insomnia
  • dinoskycm
    Options
    Oh okay. I remember talking to one of my psychology professors, and he said that some people get insomnia because they use their bed for other things besides sleeping. haha not perverted, but like some people eat in their beds. Some people watch TV in their beds, some people surf the internet while sitting in bed, etc. and he said that can actually cause insomnia because our bed should be used for sleeping only, and if it's not, then our body doesn't know how to relax because the bed has become a place where other energetic activities happen. For example, it's hard to fall asleep in a car because we are constantly awake in the car (driving, etc). I just thought it was really interesting and thought I would bring that up. He had an interesting point. Don't know if it applies at all, but interesting nonetheless. :)
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options
    Oh okay. I remember talking to one of my psychology professors, and he said that some people get insomnia because they use their bed for other things besides sleeping. haha not perverted, but like some people eat in their beds. Some people watch TV in their beds, some people surf the internet while sitting in bed, etc. and he said that can actually cause insomnia because our bed should be used for sleeping only, and if it's not, then our body doesn't know how to relax because the bed has become a place where other energetic activities happen. For example, it's hard to fall asleep in a car because we are constantly awake in the car (driving, etc). I just thought it was really interesting and thought I would bring that up. He had an interesting point. Don't know if it applies at all, but interesting nonetheless. :)

Totally understandable. I just talked to some one about something near that. About when giving a kid a time out you don't put them in bed or at a table you set them on a step or in a corner because if you use the bed as a time out place they associate that with being punished and won't ever want to go to bed. Its just the way minds associate actions and reactions.
  • dinoskycm
    Options

Totally understandable. I just talked to some one about something near that. About when giving a kid a time out you don't put them in bed or at a table you set them on a step or in a corner because if you use the bed as a time out place they associate that with being punished and won't ever want to go to bed. Its just the way minds associate actions and reactions.

Yea exactly! It's really interesting! I love learning about classical and operant conditioning. Also, just like with a dog, the same idea applies. It's advised to not use a crate for punishment because then they will hate their crate, and the crate should really be seen as a "bedroom."
  • ChelseaYepThatsMe
    Options

Yea exactly! It's really interesting! I love learning about classical and operant conditioning. Also, just like with a dog, the same idea applies. It's advised to not use a crate for punishment because then they will hate their crate, and the crate should really be seen as a "bedroom."

Exactly, I love learning about this stuff too.
  • dinoskycm
    Options

Exactly, I love learning about this stuff too.

:smile: definitely!!