Vibration/Exceleration training

Options
I was wondering has anyone used a power plate/ifit etc.I have looked into this as anything that adds to my training in a short cut way is always worth a try.I do exercise everyday anyway and in no way want to replace my normal routine.I have been using them for nearly too weeks and i must say I have tightened up...Has anyone else go any experiance with this...Obviously people who just stand on them are not going to really get any benefit...you do have to do exercises on them and exhaust your muscles ...it just happens a lot quicker on a plate..What do people think ??

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have read a lot on this type of training and was wondering if anyone on MFP had added it to their routine. I don't think it is a good replacement - I did the 10 minutes a day for a week along with my walking last February and other than creating a 10 minutes of balancing, I couldn't see/feel/experience an accelerated difference. Maybe if I worked with it for a month I would have...
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I only felt the difference when I used a really powerful maching on a high level and did exercises...after 20 mins my legs were exhausted...and I am very fit..so there is something to it.
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I must say I am very impressed with these machines. I go on three times a week straight after my aerobics and do lots of squats lunges crunches on them. the improvement in my muscle tone is amazing I have lost a good few inches too...so it isnt all rubbish