Advice needed from you guys

Options
124»

Replies

• bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If you pretend to be somebody you aren't, you'll most likely end up getting somebody you don't want, and then neither of you will be happy. You might as well be honest about it and consider it a bullet dodged if a guy finds it to be a dealbreaker.
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    P.s. i agree with the above post!! Be honest about who you are. Don't hide it, i did that for far too long and i was never happy. You will be much happier if you are staying true to yourself (it takes a little getting used to). And yes people will judge you. But who cares really? People will always judge you for something, regardless of what it is :)
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Definitely stay how you are, nothing you mentioned is going to be a turn off for most guys in their 20's
  • cristaine
    Options
    If you spend your time living your life to the fullest, doing all the things you want to do, chances are good you will meet people who share the same interests that way. But if your MAIN thing is gaming, chances are good you won't meet anyone since (unless its an online thing of course) it is a pretty solitary pursuit. :) I know because I am a long, long-time gamer chick. Been gaming as long as you have been alive actually (god i am old! groan lol)

Still, when I was 19 I was starting college and I partied, a lot. I gamed, a lot. But the people I met were because I actually went out to see the bands I was into (and my friends became bands so big cycle of life :P)

My point is, you only meet people through what you DO with your life. So, get out and live a full, rounded life doing ALL the things you love to do. Trust me, there are a ton of guys out there who love gamer girls. If ANYONE is going to discount you because of who you really are, and what you love to do, ask yourself....do those people really matter to you in terms of hook-ups anyway? And if they rolled their eyes at skyrim, maybe they just have crappy taste in games (or can't install the good mods :P) lol

Just live. You are young. Get out there and experience everything life has to offer. you will meet people without trying if you just get out there and do what you love.
  • MrsBully4
    MrsBully4 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in a game.
  • TaeminShawol33
    TaeminShawol33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The right guy will love you EXACTLY the way you are. I know guys that are attracted to girls who are not shy and show who they really are.
  • jpe71
    jpe71 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    As someone who spent seven LOOONG years in a marriage with a guy who...well, let's just say the average giraffe has more in common with me than my ex did (long neck, long legs, and spotty skin count, right?)...anyway, I can tell you that even a few months is a long time to keep a side of yourself hidden from view. My ex disapproved of my sci-fi habit - considered it ungodly. He disapproved of my interest in Ren-faires and Comicon and other opportunities to dress in funny clothes and hang out with like-minded strangers. He was also emotionally abusive, and opposing his wishes was draining, so I never did it but behind his back. It was also really hard rediscovering myself after I left him; I had developed a furtive, indecisive nature that I had to fight with constantly for roughly the next five years. Eventually, I became comfortable with who I am, and met a wonderful new guy who can appreciate that - even when I'm obsessively playing my current favorite game in a weekend-long marathon.

Conclusion: Being someone else for any length of time, for any reason, is an exhausting way to live. You don't have to haul it out and make it a litmus test every time you meet a guy, but you shouldn't shy away from telling him about this, and if it turns into a relationship, he should be willing to accept your hobbies, your friends, your family, etc.). But definitely be yourself from the start; it's a lot easier than changing back into yourself later.