Calories Burned a Day Exercising

Options
Should one stay within a certain number of calroies burned a day while exercising? I am not fit at all and have a long way to go on this weight loss journey. Any tips or thoughts are welcomed. :)

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, since you are new to exercising start out small and work your way up. For some 400 calories is a lot while for others that is a low calorie burn day, like I said it just depends on the person. Do what you can to start off and then keep working your way up, and vary it from day to day. I always burn different numbers, good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I agree, start small and work on it. Don't push youself too hard when you're first starting out. After a while you'll know how hard to push youself on your own. But its really hard to pinpoint how much anyone should do when first starting, just be sure to listen to your body.

For me, I burn anywhere from 500-700 calories a workout typically, but I've just found that's what works best for me. Some days I only burn 300 or so, but I just pay close attention to how I feel and go from there.

Good luck!