Hello!

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm Kelly and I live in coastal NC. I've been "big" my whole life bigger at some times than others. Two and half years ago I found out I had congestive heart failure. This was after I was diagnosed with diabetes, hypertension, chronic depression and was having severe joint issues that some days limited my ability to walk. I was given the script for insulin to combat my diabetes and told at 41 that I was not going to have a long productive life unless I lost weight NOW!. So, I started investigating alternative ways to lose weight. A friend was preparing for lap band surgery and I got to see the process. I attended a seminar with another surgeon and was told gastric bypass was my only option since my BMI was so high. I opted not to have the bypass and instead found a surgeon that assured me I could have lap band. This was in October...February 11 of the next year I had my surgery. Two weeks before my surgery when you begin the wonderful NO CARB portion of the prep work I weight 418 lbs. I lost a total of 210 lbs with the band. You may be asking yourself "Why is she here?" Well.....

About 6 months ago my band slipped and then slipped again and then really slipped! I had it removed 3 weeks ago by way of emergency surgery after not being able to eat or drink anything for 4 days. Long story short...I was almost a goner. So this is why I"m here. I've gained some weight back...OK 20lbs back. I want to lose that 20 lbs and learn to maintain it. I know how to eat healthy, I know how to cook healthy, I know...I know...I know...I just don't WANT to some days! I've been on this site for almost a week now and love it!!!!!!

So this is me....I'm a 44 year old lost lap bander with weight to lose and knowledge to gain!

Replies

• debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Hi Good luck!! You can do this with.
  • simini77
    simini77 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi! I hope your journey is a successful one, and you get your goal! :)
  • sjlms
    sjlms Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hello, i want to wish you good luck nearly had the band fitted and at the last minute backed out after much pressure from my family. this is my first week so we'll do it together.... good luck to both of us. Shelagh x