I switched scales.. Help!?

Options
Hey hey! So I just switched from a cheapy scale to a digital. I've been using the other scale since I started this thing and I feel like it's been pritty accurate, but I jumped on the digi and it reads 3 lbs heavier :blushing: So.. Would you guys suggest changing my weight on here to the digital read? Just wondering..

Happy New Years!

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Same thing happened when I changed scales...I switched to what my current scale says.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I would just use the weight from the scale you're planning on using all the time. It doesn't matter if it says more than the other one, you didn't just gain 3 pounds by switching scales! You're the same, the reading is just different. All that really matters is that you track what you're losing anyway, right? I know I have this problem a lot, each scale seems to show a different number up to 10 pounds... ugh. lol
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'd switch to the one you'll be using from now on..... and in your head, just know that you've actually lost the same amount. In fact, if you want to alter your starting weight to add 3 lbs, it will be a fair "weight loss" amount, and not make you feel like you've added 3 lbs or not lost those 3 lbs in the first place. 35 lbs lost is 35 lbs lost! Nice job, congratulations!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    That's just what I needed to hear! Thanx! xoxo
  • jclguru
    jclguru Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm sure you've done it, but make sure you've calibrated the scale also..in case you hadn't.

Doug