No sugar or flour???

Options
Ok so I'm having a hard time losing any of this weight be it I exercise or not. One of my daughters friends mother lost 200lbs doing the no sugar no flour diet... Has anyone tried this? She now eats it it since she has reached her goal weight just in moderation. seems to me it's just like cutting out carbs... wondering if anyone has tried it or had any feed back on it.

Replies

• Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I don't eat either because they make me feel badly. I get light headed if I do consume them.
  • TwistyAbbazabba
    Options
    You can try cutting things out slowly that way you're more likely to stick with it. You can certainly get carbs from whole grains, fruits and veggies while cutting back on bread, packaged foods and things with added sugar. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Sarah47201
    Sarah47201 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I stopped using sugar and started using honey to sweeten since it's more natural and less processed. Sugar is empty calories.
    Same thing with flour - found out I was gluten intollerant - and when I cut out gluten (wheat, barley, rye, oats) I started having more energy and feeling better. Flour has no nutritional value by the time you buy a 5# bag at the grocery.