Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

gluten free and dairy free diet

Hey guys so I have just been recently diagnoses with a gluten allergy as well s being lactose intolerant for 9 years now...so i was wondering if any one had suggestions for any brands of food that are gluten and dairy free? i love cereal in the morning, so does anyone know of any gluten free cereals with some fiber in them? any other food suggestions would be great too!

thanks!

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    There is a blog going on called Gluten Free on 2nd page started by Kelynn! Best wishes!!
  • abr25
    abr25 Posts: 179
    For a while I thought I had a gluten allergy and some things I enjoyed were:

Enviro Kids Cereal and rice bars
    Gluteno breakfast bars
    Amy's gluten free soups, and frozen entrees
    Tapioca bread
    Vanns waffles
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,515 Member
    I'm currently trying this diet and have been doing it for about 1 month. I would say your local Whole foods market would have a great selection of gluten free and dairy free products. At the moment, I have not had a chance to go to Whole foods since starting this way of eating, so I'm not eating any cereals.

Let me know how it goes for you.
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    I love oatmeal, so when I found out about my gluten intolerance, I was very very upset. However! Bob's Red Mill came in and saved the day - Gluten Free Oats? Oh yeah! I now make my previously gluten-laden breakfast the gluten free way!

1/3-1/2 cups dry oats (depending on how hungry I am)
    1/2 mashed banana

mix these ingredients with approximately 3/4 cups water

1 tbsp. peanut butter on top

Microwave for about 2 minutes, mix, and enjoy! You may want to sweeten it with splenda, sugar, or honey.

I've also found Nature's Path makes some good gluten free cereals. I like their Honey'd Corn Flakes.... I have found it's a little bit harder getting some fiber in on those cereal days because my old cereal used to be Kashi Go Lean Crunch. So I tend to put some fruit in it (bannas, strawberries, blueberries) to up the fiber content. If you can't get in a lot of fiber, make sure your protein content is up so you stay fuller longer!

Hope this helps! Good luck - let me know if you have any questions because I FINALLY got the hang of it!
  • epappas09
    epappas09 Posts: 50 Member
    thank you guys so much! it really means alot to have your advice and support!