Calling all runners and Triathletes!!!

Options
I'm a runner / traithlete / mountainbiker. I've run many 5ks, 10ks and half marathons. I've also run 2 marathons. I've participated in many triahtlons as well, including two half iron distance triathlons. Mountain biking is just something I love to do. I've done a bunch of races.

I also enjoy going to the gym and hitting the weights in the off season.

My plan right now is to participate in an off-road duathlon in 7 weeks. Next year is going to be big. I want to do the Arizona Ironman.

I'm looking for friends who have similar interest/goals so if that's you, friend me up!!!

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    You are on a different playing field than I am, but I run... just did my 2nd half marathon this summer, I'm running a Super Spartan next weekend and racing a 5k on the 6th of October (which I've never done)... I'm aiming for a Tough Mudder next summer. I used to have an Ironman dream... but I'm not sure I'll ever have the time to train for it with 5 kids at home. Not sure I can make the commitment. But we have a half iron in my town that I would like to get into...
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I've just recently gotten back into running after a 12 year hiatus......I'm 12 years older, so it's harder! I am running my first 10 k at the end of the month, and I'm scared and excited. I'm really enjoying the training so far. I have a few fellow runners (some beginners, some have been doing it for years) on my MFP friend list. Feel free to add me! All support is welcome!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you! I've done a couple of half marathons and did my first oly in July, plus a number of 5ks, 10ks, and sprint tris along the way. No aspirations for a full marathon or half IM; just too many other things in my life that I'm not willing to give up in order to focus on the necessary training. I'm not much of a biker either, so training for the oly was quite a challenge for me!
  • RunXstrong
    Options
    Awesome goals. I just finished my first Ironman this Summer, and it was all that I imagined it would be. Coming across the finish was such a great high!
  • pglassnnp
    pglassnnp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I just finished my 3rd Half Iron Distance triathlon, but the first one that I actually finished "officially" and in under 8 hours. My goal for next year is Ironman Florida! Going down there this November to Volunteer!!! Good luck...and way to get yourself healthy!!
  • darkpath0010
    darkpath0010 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm just a beginner in triathlon. I was in a Sprint last September and had planned to be in the REV3 Olympic length triathlon at Quassy in CT last June but tried to squeeze in all my preparatory training in a month, trashing my knee in the process. I'm planning to compete in a week in a Super Sprint and will try the REV3 Oly at Quassy again next Spring. After that, I am looking to ramp up to either an IM or HIM.
  • EdgyMcSterious
    Options
    Hey thanks everyone for replying. Hopefully we can all support and help motivate each other to reach our goals.